Pioneer vs dd?

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 385
what?? old thread but hey

http://bbs.soundpressure.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=34;t=00078 2

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2999
SQ - Pioneer has it on this one, but then again, you are comparing a 12" to an 18". I prefer the sealed attack on this one over the DD, but that's not to say the DD isn't good as well, just like the Pioneer a bit more.

SQL - I give my vote to the Pioneer on this one, due to the reduced power handling and very small enclosure requirement size. For any kind of daily street beating, both subs get down and dirty for sure, and I think at higher volume levels the single DD gets louder. With that being said, an 18 should get louder than a 12, but I didn't think it's really that much louder. When it hurts, it hurts, and the Pioneer has the edge in dropping lower (worked well down into the 20's).

SPL - Well, can't deny what the DD can do for sure, and the single Pioneer TSW 5000SPL 12" sub didn't match the DD. But then again, I wouldn't have expected that it would. With that being said, let me say without a doubt that the Pioneer holds it's own. Althought I haven't finished all the optimization testing that I did with the DD 9917, so far TL is showing that the Pioneer sub is only a few dB lower than the DD. Now, in the world of SPL, a few dB of course is very critical, but again, I think you have to keep in mind you're talking about a 12" sub going toe to toe with the 9917, and that it did.

I cant really put a expeirienced answer hear.... but both subs are for SPL and he says the pioneer has better SQ and SQL????????????? I dont know all about that one... but he did try to compare a 18 to a 12... i dont think he used the correct SQL box for the DD, im comparisons i have heard between the 9500 (same soft parts as 9917) and a pioneer 5000SPL the DD still has better SQ\SQL but the pioneer does get pretty loud for cheap..

10MM XMax...????? LMAO!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2766
"10MM XMax...????? LMAO!"

Why's that funny?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2801
"but both subs are for SPL and he says the pioneer has better SQ and SQL????????????? I dont know all about that one"

Is it because its a pioneer?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3003
10mm xmax, i dont think it would be able to get the lows good, hence SQL sucks

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1851
that does it...im sellin my 9918 and gettn 2 Pioneer 12s.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2621
^^^^

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 387
yeah the 10mm xmax is bullsh!t. my pioneer has 11.2mm xmax rated. but who knows. i've seen 2 of those 5000's hit 155 on the tl. and that guy tled them both and dd only hit a few more db than the pioneer? remember pioneer is a 12 and dd is an 18. for 300 a piece or whatever they are they are pretty descent subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us