Clifford Alarm basics

Username: Goblazer

Post Number: 1
I have had a toyota 4 runner for five years and bought it used. I came with a clifford alarm system and auto unlock/lock feature. The remote is the one with 4 buttons on the front/ upper right is lock/unlock, lower right is the trunk opening, bottom left is the trunk light and top left is an asterisk. The LED has constantly been on since I got the car and I like that way. The remote unlocks and locks the doors and the dome light comes on. No chirps or annoying alarms. A few daya ago I fiddles with some buttons on the dash down below the steering column and now the car arms itself and the alarm is activated! It chirps when I lock or unlock it. It is a 96 4 runner. I do not think anyone would steal it and I want it back to the older way it was working. Two questions right off. 1. How do I fond out what model is it? Is that written somewhere? Also, 2, is the two buttons on the dash the "PlainView 2 buttons? They are rubberized and one is round and one is square. They are only about a 1/4 inch wide. I need to figure this thing out. thanks!

Username: Goblazer

Post Number: 2
GOT ANSWER FROM ANOTHER FORUM _ INFO FOR THOSE SEEKING SIMILAR ANSWER - Turn ignition on and then press either the 2 bottom, 2 left or 2 right buttons together (cant remember which ones put the alarm into valet mode)

Just try them all one at a time. The LED will come on constant when you get the right 2

Paul.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us