OT: what do u guys think of apple

Gold Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 1217
hey im in the market for a laptop (for school) and i got $2500 im thinkin of getting that macbook pro.....what do u guys think???????

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 632
I think that apple is overpriced and not very practical.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1848
mac is well worth it...very good computers, just hard to find compatible software since most stuff is windows based...however, now mac is able to run windows, so id say go for it...Most ppl speak down on em and really jus don't kno how to use em, or haven't used one and just don't wana give me a shot. I like em, IMO better than windows...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1218
oh 1 more thing i should prolly throw out there is that im going into like the digital arts field so thats what it will mainly be used for... editing and so forth...

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1326
I would choose a mac over my pc if I had the chance. especially now that vista is out

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 463
i've used all the mac books, even the older one and i was nothing but im pressed. people complain about how "hot" they get but its a laptop!!! there fore its gonna get hot....

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12299
pc>mac...end of thread

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 633
Ya macs are great, until you want to buy software for them or upgrade some component of it. Not to mention you get to initially pay like 30% more to get the same performance you would get from a pc.

Do you like video games? Good luck finding video games for your mac.

I don't really know why so many people think they can only edit photos and video on a mac. My pc runs photoshop and avid just fine.

These are my opinions buy what you want to buy.

Vista does suck, but give it some time and it's all everyone will use.

Bronze Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 96
If your getting into high-end graphical editing, MAC will crush PC. Otherwise, id go with PC.

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1850
99% of ppl speak down on mac just b/c they've never used one and haven't seen em around....if you get into it MAC >>>>>>>>>>> PC, except for the fact that most programs made are windows compatable and not made for mac. The compatibility/availability is the only thing better about PC than Mac, period. but like i said earlier, now that Apples can run OSX and Windows, I don't see y u wouldn't choose a mac if you had the money.
Dr.Destroyer, if you really wanted ot u could partition it so that u had windows for some stuff, and still use OSX (or whichever OS the mac comes with) to do ur business stuff.
Oh yea, price is another advantage PC has.

MAC >>>>>>>>>>>>> PC /thread.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1405
yep mac stuff is just has compatibilty issues not as much popular software is made for MACS as PCs thats all... i know makes GUI is hot.... i wanted one so i could run a car pc cuz it just looks so cool

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 272
Search around, MAC's can be dual booted, as in run windows on one boot up, and OSX on the other side. The compatibility issue is no longer a problem, Office for OSX has been out for a while.

In most cases:

Stability / reliability: MAC with(OSX) > PC
cost: PC > MAC

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1852
"Search around, MAC's can be dual booted, as in run windows on one boot up, and OSX on the other side."

What i meant by partition...

Destroyer, get a Macbook and get finalcut pro if you wanna make movies/videos, it could possibly be one of the best programs I've ever used, the price tag is in the thousands tho lol.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 273
IIRC there is one called bootcamp for MAC.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2768
PC over Mac forever.I wouldn't even waste the money on it for editing/rendering or any other form of media.I used Macs until I was about 14 and they always sucked.They may be better now but I still don't care for them and never will.Have any of you seen Phase change cooling for Mac?Can some of you Mac guys post 3DMark scores for me?

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1854
Rob, macs hav came a long way from those POS eMacs they used to hav in schools...look at the new macs and you'll understand the improvements...I hated em up until this year when we got the new ones in for video editing at school...Based on usin the new macs vs. new PC(Vista, XP pro, w/e u want to name) the mac is better IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2622
Anything made by Apple is ridiculously overpriced: macbook, ipod, etc. You can get better performance out of a good PC at the same price.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6228
It all depends on your field. Macs are much better at animation/graphics/video editing. PCs are cheap in price, easily prone to virus, has access to vast number of annoying shareware craps, over priced Windows OS, overpriced MS Office, poorly designed security by MS, expensive support from MS.
Is Macs really wanted to take over the computer world or were smart, they would've cut the prices in half, and opened up to competition, such as clones.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1325
^^^^^X2

i have a mac and i love it. I hate all the PC i have ever used compaired to a mac. I have a G5 tower and a Powerbook and my Mom has a Macbook pro and it works great. I would deffinitly reccomend getting a mac.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 453
get a Mac...its awesome
REALLY reliable and is very strong (you'll kno wht i mean once u use it)

I lub my PC as well...but honestly the mac will simple crush a pc now with the windows based mac. Compatibility is no longer tht big of a deal (most things are getting compatible w/ mac day by day)

i myself have a ibook g4 and a pc...still think the mac is more reliable.
It will take some time to get used to a mac tho if you never really used it before.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4403
iv been looking for a lap top and almost got a mac but i can get a way faster PC for cheaper. macs are nice but i just dont think are that worth it over pc.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2770
I also work with a guy that has only run Macs,now this guy knows his sh1t pretty good, he setups all or networks and all that BS and what not but he says he won't buy Mac anymore because the price is sh1t and he can do the same thing and more for less money.

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 616
f#ck macs.. why go with a little faster if it means comprising many programs/games, theres SO MUCH more stuff for pc

pcs much cheaper.. i have used macs its not worth it in my mind

and ur complaining about virus' when the only ppl that get them are usually on p0rno sites stupidly downloading things before they read and check into it.. thats not our problem

i could careless about a little speed.. its all about the programs

i download all my sh2t for free on the internet and i love it, never will complain

pc FTMFW!!

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 618
custom build this jawn

http://1toppc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Asus_Z84JP&Cate gory_Code=Notebook

Gold Member

Post Number: 1219
k just wanna throw out a few more things.....if i get the mac im planning on running both OS X and Windows so that cleans up the software issue and money isnt an issue so thats not what im worried about i just want the laptop that will give me the best performance for editing

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 264
I don't like much fruit...Watermelon is better

Gold Member

Post Number: 2773
I'm still waiting for a 3DMark score from a Mac....anyone?Didn't think so.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us