Wiring subwoofers (please help)

Username: Chris1029

Post Number: 7
I am wondering if it is possible to wire "2" DVC 2 ohm subs to run to my amp at 4 ohms. I know its possible for it to happen with one 2 ohm sub at 4 ohms, but I have two, thats the prob. Do you think it would be best to sell my 2 ohm subs and buy 4 ohm subs just so I can wire the 4 ohm subs to 4 ohms. The reason for this is because they dont make a ho alt. for my van and it can not be rewound. If I wire my subs at 4ohm running to my amp then my amp will push 1250 watts which would be better for my battery and alternator instead of 2675 watts that my amp would put out if i hooked my 2 ohm subs up to my amp( since i dont think there is a way to wire 2 2ohm subs to have 4 ohm going to amp). So would it be better to get (2) 4 ohm subs instead of (2) 2 ohm subs?

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 184
what kinda subs, you could run them at 8 ohms but that would be like 600 watts total, if you have a pretty decent sub you could run just one at four ohms for the time being, or you could just run both subs at 2 ohms but set the gain so it only sends out like 1200 watts

Post Number: 8
I have 2 15" Kicker L7 2 ohm subs nick, How could i set the gain to only run 1200 watts? Just turn it down low and what about the frewuencies or the other buttons on the amp what do i set them at. My sub are 2000 watts max, 1000 watts rms.I have the Kicker 2500 watt mono amp.

Post Number: 9
also my alt. and battery should be fine if i turn the gain down on both subs or just run 1 sub at 4 ohms right?

Post Number: 10
because the amp says 1250x1 at 4 ohms and 2500x1 at 2 ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us