How do I wire a 2 2 Ohm DVC 15" L7's to 4 ohm load to mmy amp

Username: Chris1029

Post Number: 6
How do I wire my 15" L7's that are 2 ohm to run to my amp at a 4ohm load. I kind of don't want my amp to push alot of power to them because they don't make a HO alt for my van (2004 Honda Odyssey). I've checked Ohio Generators and everyone. Anyways someone told me that if I wire my subs to 4 ohm, it will make my amp push less watts. How do I do that and what are any suggestions on what I can do so I wont kill my alt. and battery? I have a Kicker 2006 zx2500 amp. My alt. is a stock 130A and is rated at 170A according to Ohio Generators.Please give me any input you can if you know what your talking about, it will be greatly appreciated!!
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 414
Do the Big 3.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2435
"My alt. is a stock 130A and is rated at 170A "

Have you installed it yet? You should be fine with the Big 3, and a little control setting the gain. If you get dimming real bad, then you will need to tame down the system, Or get something more efficiant that needs less power.
Install it and go from there. Then deal with it.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1114
wire it to a 2 ohm load ....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2436
http://www.crutchfield.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?suboptions= Mono%5F2%2D2ohm%2DDVC&amptype=mono

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Marc, so you reccommend to do the big 3 and just turn the gain down?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2985
Chris, well with those subs (Dual 2ohms) you cant wire it to 4ohm total.. wire it to 2 ohms and just watch your power level while setting gain.. but if you got that amp..... its such a waste to not turn the gain up ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
How exactly do i watch my power level while setting the gain? I have a volt meter I bought, is that one way to watch my power level? Someone told me to get it and if the power level drops below 12.3 volts then turn the system off untill it charges back up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
....and do I have to turn the gain all the way down, half way down...What do you suggest I do

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 379
if your power drops to 12.3 then your car will more than likely sputter out and/or die. you dont have to turn your system off until it charges back up just turn down the volume at idle if your power is taken that quickly. remember the more gas you give your car the faster the alternator spins thus more power given to the amp so just watch it when your at a stop light. you should be fine after doing the big 3 like others said and if not.. like i said just watch it when your idling

for the gain just have these guys give you an idea of how to do it with a dmm. i gotta get some sleep!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us