Universal Ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 576
I was thinkin one day, then i forgot to post, just remembered tho... Do you think in the future of car audio they will make subs that have a switch on them, that you just turn to 1, 2, 4, 8 ohm load? Probly not possible now, but who knows, did anyone ever think amps would turn digital? I think it would be a good idea, but yet i have no dam clue how it would work, becuz i dont actually know how an ohm load is created... idk give me your guys oponion.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 145
they already have that one some brands of subs. and they have adaptors that can change the ohm load of certain brand subs

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 577
links?

Silver Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 260
wouldn't it just be easier to have amps like the jl 1000/1. Puts out same power from 1 to 4ohms right. I mean if you have some subs that are d2 and you wired it to a 2ohm load and then you bought a pair of d4 vc subs you could just wire it down to a 1 ohm load. I just dont see how you could change the physical properties of the final coil that was made to have a certain resistance. Just my 2% of $1.

Silver Member

Murray, KY

Post Number: 146
http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/caep_0703_infinity_kappa_series_subwoofer /

inifnity does somthing like that. im looking for the other links. it has been like 5 or 6 months since this topic has come up

Silver Member

Murray, KY

Post Number: 148
http://www.jvc.com/press/index.jsp?item=555&pageID=1
JVCs new line

Silver Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 262
"Easy Placement
Each subwoofer in the Arsenal lineup also features easy wiring, easy switch between parallel/series/independent wiring and protection circuit with fuse for better integration with terminal".

That just allows you to switch between different wiring option. I dont think this is what rick is talking about. Those subs dont change there resistance at all. You just change the way its wired. I think he means like a subwoofer that will change its resistance to what ever you need, but like i said i dont think you could because each vc has to be made to have a final resistance be it 2 ,4, or 8 ohms. We already have the technology to make amps that produce the same power from 1-4ohms.??? Why change the sub too?

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 578
^^ ahh idk mario lol why do we have dihk c0ndems and vaglna condems? ... i guess it would just be another form of luxury for car audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us