New Daily Box...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2958
Im about to go outside and finish it now since the rain delayed me yesterday... its 4cu after displacments 91sq of port at 36hz for 1 DD9515, the next daily box will be bigger then 6cu.. maybe 8.. im trying different tuning\sizes then the old box...(12cu(6per sub) at 40hz)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2962
its almost done... and no responses? wtf? lol you all suck... im going to smoke a blunt and get some silicone.... ill finish it in about a hour or so... my stack of cut pieces fell on my ankle when a board fell after i cut it... right on a cord that pulled the boards >.< it fu<kin hurts!!!! i think i got pretty far in that short preiod of time.... drew out cutouts on board, cut them all out, and sanded it all down... now just to piece togethor and glue\silicone and im good, just bought 15ft of + and - 8gauge for speaker wire to

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13024
don't smoke a blunt and silicon man. don't smoke weed unless you have a back ache or something. lol.

anyways. that port seems big for a daily box. good luck anyways.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2964
its not a permanent daily box but more of a *test* daily box. im trying to find out different things in porting, box size, port area, ect to find the perfect combination for my setup... im going to have LOTS of 15" box's left over when im done if any1 is going to need any in the chicago area... 50$ a box lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2965
BTW im assembling the last picece of the port, and about to do the speaker cutout and silicone... why not silicone? it sticks better then caulk.. does it absorb a tad bit of the bass or somthing?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1457
Chad meant don't smoke a blunt and try to apply silicone, not that silicone sucks.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13031
thanks for clearing that up brad.

the word "silicon" was used as a verb in my sentence. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2967
lol gotcha... good thing i still bought the silicone, although i have like 8 tubes of caulk i havnt touched... i tryed using it once and it doesnt stick for sh1t, and i jsut ended up smokin a bowl :-) save me time so i can finish faster.. almost done!!! pics shortly after

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RD Audio

Post Number: 7436
Wheres the pics b~tch?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2970
ok its been done and installed for about 2 hours now sorry for the delay, BUT i dont think i want to post pics, it came out looking str8 butttttt it doesnt really sound as good as i hoped so im thinking start over from scratch in the next few days, this time trying to follow DD's 16sq per sq foot..ect if i get enough people asking for pics... then ill put then up :-\ but i dont really find the box worth that much credit.. just my wasted time.. but it does sound better then the burping box.. lol but not half as loud.. and it doesnt sound like the sub has much control over itself as before.. so im thinking about pulling it back out for now..

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2778
I didn't like how my subs sounded in 16.56cuft total net for two subwoofers. The subs sounded like they popped when they were playing. 4cuft per subwoofer tuned at 40hz should be good.

Bronze Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Post Number: 46
i didn't know we could say "blunt" and "smoke a bowl" haha. But yea that sucks man you seemed pretty excited about this earlier. sorry it sucked..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2972
berny i get the "pop" when i turn the gain up so i get 100% of the rated power on the lows, i think its due to the big as5 port tho im sure it would normally take a 4cuat 36hz fine (i use a 6x2 at 40hz for sql still favorite box lol) . it takes it a tad bit better now that i moved it completely against my rear gate but i still need to replace it quick.. but im not going to have any time for a while :-( sad news for me today but i dont want to get into that

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2787
yeah, it was because of the big port. The port was rediculous. It should play very well in 4cuft tuned around 40hz since the port isn't as big.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11546
since u ahve roughly 22sq"\cuft which is = too much port area its sorta like the sub is moving like freeair ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2974
can sombody make me some plans? simple ones but good ones? 38 wide 14 tall upto 28inch deep... 4cu 40hz.. 16sq inch port per foot... so 64sq in... 16 deep port depth... i think i can figure that out quick enough nvm.. any tips on this next one when i get some time

Gold Member

Post Number: 2975
5x12.5 port? anyone good at flaring the wood? Tips on doing it? lengths to add.. how to calculate tuning.. ect?

Bronze Member
Username: Technique24

Post Number: 53
Hey Killa where in the chi are you from? I would love to hear that 9515 of yours. I had considered getting one, but now I'm leaning toward an SSX. But I've never heard either, so it would be nice to hear one.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2873
Ya that popping noise is probably the coil hitting the backplate, not a good thing guys, lmfao... Polo..:-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 2977
Polo, once i heard it make that one pop noise..... GAIN went down pretty good. Im about to stick my original (2)6cu chamber dual box back in there... best box i have for SQL... but im one sub short.. i guess it was a good thing i made seperate chambers afterall ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2978
BTW the south burbs

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 616
eh killa what weed you got rollin round out there right now?

im MN there are these bomb beasters/low grade danks that EVERYONE has but if you got some fire or some sh*t holla at me

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 617
and I might take a box off your hands too.... If you have one that will work well with a dd 3515
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us