Subwoofers = Vehicle Damage

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2946
Who all has damaged there ride form there sounds? IM trying to figure out everything i should be awear of that can break... I broke...

My rearview mirror(arm cracked from bass)
My rear ceiling light(vibrations made it loose, now wont stay up)
My rear windshield wiper (frame cracked from bass overtime)
My digital compass panel is loose, bass had screw chewing threw plastic clip.

Besides little damage like plastic rubbing leaving white powder everywhere(glove box and such) what else kind of damage do people get? DAILY SETUPS!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5032
firstof when ur big balling u are aware wat bass can do and wat cant do.

it will never brake your windows

but will make your rear mirror fall off since it did that to me once but i got a special bass prooff rear view mirror that its not easy to move with bass,

rear hatch its all covered with dynamat and inside the hatch theres lots of sound dampening well its mainly foam and it works wonder, pretty much that its since before i install my system i had to do alil inspection on wat had to be done to be noise-free.

im gettin about 300 square ft of edead dampening for my doors roof floor and everything i can put that in even under the hood, :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2948
The metal actually snapped on my rearview mirror arm and cracked on the motor casing for my rear window wiper, im thinking it has somthing to do with the vibreations on that type of metal or somthing sdince it was the same. Rob i think the window will break but not for a daily driver.. i think you need a VERY tightly seaed ride and about 165db+ constant or somthing if i reead right.. but you deff. not sitting in that car lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2729
I've heard of people splitting their roofs and even vibrating the unibody apart.There's lots of stories that I've heard but I never witnessed it first hand.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2949
About padding tho.... is it to keep sound in or to keep thinkgs from rattling mainly? From what i noticed the MORE you seal your ride, the quieter it is inside it, but less rattles. Kind of like cracking your window, when its cracked it gets louder.. so really if your into comps is cound deadener any good? (except for maybe in rear half with subs to direct sound forward a bit) or is it mainly for SQ\SQL setups.. kinda what im thinking..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2950
"I've heard of people splitting their roofs and even vibrating the unibody apart.There's lots of stories that I've heard but I never witnessed it first hand."

h0lysh1t if thats true thats deff. somthing to see but these vibrations deff kill your car.

BTW the metal im refering to that broke on my rear view arm and rear wiper is that aluminum type metal(not sure if its 100% aluminum) but it broke so easy from the slightest movment after all the vibrations.

Since its on topic... How long\hard do you need to beat on a rear hatch with your subs before the lock\latch eventually gives out? My friend had a Chystler 300M with 2 W7's on 2K(2 JL 1000\1) and a basstube, (i think earthquake) dont ask why he mixed... i dunno.. but the basstube was on a earthquake phd2000 but he broke his trunk latch after about a month and it continued to break until they welded it down with alot of welding, they tried to just "tac weld" i think is what its called.. where they just dab it with small spots of metal.. but anyways is that a common problem with trunks? and how long before my suv does it..?

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 673
ive seen vids of a shocker sig burping and rust falling off the underbody of the car lol

Bronze Member
Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 17
We've had some quarter panels loosen up and make a hell of a lot of noise. My rearview mirror fell off while I was driving one day and feel on my hand. I thought it broke my finger. I fixed that problem though. It hasn't feel off since.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1453
I think at this point vehicle damage is the least of your guy's worries. I am going to put out a Chad Lee Signature hearing aid for all you soon-to-be deaf bastids and start selling them here

Gold Member

Post Number: 2966
LMAO!!!!! Bobby, i actually forgot to add that, the right rear panel by my exhaust got lossened up, when i hit lows the thing seriously moves about 1-2 inchs from where it should be, i need to fix that before it gets to bad, its kinda hard to move by hand tho

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2602
Killa, you've got a second generation Blazer right? You better hope you don't break the electric actuator that releases the rear window. On those blazers, it's impossible to open the rear window when that breaks. I've heard of GM dealers not even knowing what to do and having to break the window..... lol

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 251
my rearview mirror fell off, cracked the glass and riped right off of the window. there was acually glas still glued onto the mirror base.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3448
when i metered my car this weekend i accidently burps a 30 hz test tone and my windshield broke b/c i drilled holes in the sub so it can get more air, i also blew up the car that was in the lane next to me b/c every body knows its louder outside then it is inside, my system is so ballin....funky pups FTMFW!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 365
the screws on my body panels have fallen off, rear view mmirror popped off, door panel is coming apart along with the locks, rattles my lugnuts off and my tailights have to be tighted every month or so..

on the plus i get a back/nut massage

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2341
In my focus, blew my seal twice on top of windshield, rattled the ford logo in front by hood of car, rattled something under the trunk of the car, rattled off driver door window "thing" lol.

Now in the explorer broke upper rear light in back also, it doesnt stay up, broke rear view mirror off, and now holy sh!t i broke the seal on my back rear side window about 65% of the way. I wanna post a vid of the window moving does anyone else know a place besides youtube where i can upload vids??

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 607
^^^ upload them on photobucket.com

Silver Member

OK

Post Number: 367
i have a video of my hatch window flexing.. it literally jumps like an inch back and forth

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 283
well my sony xplodes on my pyle 2000watt amp blew my wind shield into a thousand peices when i burped a 10hz tone. then i did a 20hz tone and blew the window out in the car next to me. puppy funks ftw.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 845
2 windshields in 2 days (made rearview removable to fix)

Killed sunroof's functions (broken track?)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11544
RV mirror popped out within 3days of my 2 type Rs & it fell & hit my hand while i was turning up the vol -lol

within 2 wks when i got a 12" premier 1000wrms sub the hatch door keylock actually came out just like that & fell inside the door panel

side upholstery in trunk area kept coming loose until i dynamat behind it & screwed it down real good

hood flap occurs with certain songs & with upholstery in all doors & plastic parts r seriously vibrating - time to dynamat my doors now

behind my rear number plate is a 1\2" layer of sponge put over a yr now ,works gr8 ....

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1725
my mountaineer is standing strong. i broke my back whiper when i had my old box but other than that shes taking the pain. i also took out or taped down anything that might break and i superglued my rearview in place, haha kinda ghetto but it works.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2973
this thread was meant to be serious... see how 1 noob takes over and so many follow

Upload

the people being serious are pretty easy to see and there are a few but.. im trying to find out real problems that happen so i can watch for them so noobs just think of this as "read only" ;)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2343
Ohhh im serious mayne.... ;)

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 101
my whole passenger front door thingy is off and i mean the whole door panel i'd say, have to use at lease 7 pounds of force to open, cause my drivers side wont open from outside because of a thief trying to break in and now i gonna open from the inside through the passenger door, LOL! prolly all 3 of screws fell off of where they supposed to be cuzz i can just basically take it all off and put a new window regulator on; which i did 1 yrs ago.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RD Audio

Post Number: 7448
hmm...Ive never had major vehicle damage. I guess I only blast it like 5 minutes a day though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2976
Logan multiply that by about 40-50minutes for me... im a good 2-3hours daily atleast..

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 373
no one caught the lugnut thing lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2980
ive seen a few people driving with systems and there tire feel off... dont think the system had to do wit it tho.. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 74
Damm!! Killa!! sounds like alot of damage to your vehicles!! I have had my windshield break but it started with a rock chip in the corner now it is pretty bad! I have had to replace rear taillight bulbs 3 times and my interior light bulb once. My side windows they are the ones I am worried about they flex hard when its cranked! I locktight bolts when I work on my Jeep. Is your blazer 2x4 or 4x4? Got any pic's yet?? Thanks cool thread!

Bronze Member
Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 21
I've got another one that I forgot about. The vibrations have caused the lockout thing on the trunk latch to vibrate down and lock me out of the trunk. Then I had to get out and use the key to open the trunk every time. Now I have a rubber band holding the lockout thing up, so no more vibrating down.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3022
its a 4x4, my rear turn signal light bulb blew out again... i think it has to do with that panel shaking tho, ill get some videos\pics later i have to find my camera and im waiting for my 4ch amp to come in so i can run it to my front stage.(comes in today)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2347
Now two of you reminded me also, in my front center light(the one that turns on when you open one of the doors) went out with the bass, and in the focus i got a crack in my windshield from a rock on the highway, it started at about half inch, then within three days the bass made it go all across the windshield!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3029
ok im uploading some stuff right now... give me a bit... it show the broken rear windsheild wiper piece... missing light in back that wont stay up no more.. how much my rear view moves... my moving panel... i dont think the quality will let u still see the doors flexing a it but i dunno yet... i had to convert 3 times to make it small enough.. this is with only 1 of my 9515's on 1300rms~ jbl bp1200.1 it still bangs

Gold Member

Post Number: 3031
http://www.box.net/shared/en09nszoax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26FEpQaKEc
youtube isnt converted yet.. i couldnt even get the second half of the movie... damn trial video programs

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 452
"within 2 wks when i got a 12" premier 1000wrms sub the hatch door keylock actually came out just like that & fell inside the door panel "

^^^The same thing happened to me. It was a b!tch to fix.

Also, my license plate lights fell down from the tailgate and are were hanging by the wires(until I fixed them). Some of the knobs on my roof-rack fell out and I had to ziptie them back together. And my roof console falls and hangs by the wires weekly(I have to keep fixing it).

Gold Member

Post Number: 3035
i lost my bolts from my roof rack... they loosened after EVERY drive.. i got tired of tightening them everytime and eventually they fell out, i might have 1 of the 4 left... haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 3036
Damage people!?!?! anyone else got pics\vids?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us