Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 216
http://www.criticalmassaudio.com/catalog/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=33

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2709
ESLs.They're for the true audiophile and work in a pretty cool way.

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 502
thats crazy...ill take 2 of em

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RD Audio

Post Number: 7416
thats fu*king nuts.

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 128
Dont get me wrong ESL speakers are pretty sweet. but you can do the same thing with allot less money, even ESL speakers.

in that article they claim its the best sounding system in or out of a car " Audio experts worldwide agree that this is: "The worlds Best sounding Audio System."". That is a sad pitiful lie no matter how they defend it. All audio is subjective, AND a car/vehicle is a very very bad acoustical enviroment. there is no way that would sound as good as a $25,000 well setup and treated home theater. the reflections from all the metal and glass destroy the even chance of getting into audiophile territory.

Also their product is small, like really small height (home theater setup orientation) it takes a Large ESL to get low, even with the Magnepan speakers that are 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide, it goes down to like 60Hz. making them smaller will only cause quite a bit less output and extension in the mid/low band.

DO NOT think these are awesome just because they cost so much. they are making crap up and trying to convince some rich person to buy them thinking its the best of the best.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
I don't recall sayin there awsome....If i was bill gates i'd buy then, just to see how they sound

Gold Member

Post Number: 2723
"Dont get me wrong ESL speakers are pretty sweet. but you can do the same thing with allot less money, even ESL speakers.

in that article they claim its the best sounding system in or out of a car " Audio experts worldwide agree that this is: "The worlds Best sounding Audio System."". That is a sad pitiful lie no matter how they defend it. All audio is subjective, AND a car/vehicle is a very very bad acoustical enviroment. there is no way that would sound as good as a $25,000 well setup and treated home theater. the reflections from all the metal and glass destroy the even chance of getting into audiophile territory.

Also their product is small, like really small height (home theater setup orientation) it takes a Large ESL to get low, even with the Magnepan speakers that are 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide, it goes down to like 60Hz. making them smaller will only cause quite a bit less output and extension in the mid/low band.

DO NOT think these are awesome just because they cost so much. they are making crap up and trying to convince some rich person to buy them thinking its the best of the best."

Have you ever heard them first hand Steve?

Bronze Member
Username: Xilinxftl

Post Number: 12
lots of issues with ESL speakers. first of all, they are grossly in-efficient which means they wont sound all that great for dynamics. A huge part of SQ is dynamic linearity. Tweeters are the most critical part for this. Dynamic tweeters with high sensitivity typically sound the best. Back to line array type tweeters. Planer's (over ESL's) typically have much higher sensitivity and offer much better midrange, not to mention more SPL, especially for a car, where beyond 20k will be nulled out from road noise. There is really no point in using ESL in the case. Next, Ribbon tweeters still even out perform ELS and will go as high as 40k. ESL speakers are not terribly expensive either. High end dome, ribbon or planer's with neodymium will cost far more to make and give you arguably better performance! And when you get into large motors, high-tech cone materials like beryllium or high tech partial depleted stretched films for planers, these are much more impressive. Lastly, unless you plan on redesigning your car, you'll get get these speakers to sound right. These types of speakers are very directional, so planer and ribbons if they are wide or you're above them. The problem is the driver needs to be facing directly at you. This is why simple dome tweeters are the most popular for cars, they just simply work the best in most applications! If anything, try a planar or heck a compression driver, but why an ESL, that is just idiotic! Having said all that, 250,000k for a set of components is out of control regardless of their design. Even the most expensive tweeters, which are not these by a long shot, should not cost this much. They are not worth that, in fact no speaker is. Their CM $2000 dollar subwoofer with its less than par motor is flat out pathetic. I guess they are trying to copy the ways of the overpriced home audio brands, which I have my own issues with, but at least they offer second to none cabinet work and esthetics. No component set should EVER be this much money. CM needs to step up their performance and cut prices by a factor of 10. Then they may get some respect. I could even LIVE with the price if they actually had products that were top dog, but such is not the case. Price should represent quality, not suggest it.

SPLcraZe4Life160d, as cliched' as the old "if i was bill gates quote" is, I actually happen to know what Mr. Bill Gates runs in his house. They are planers from a small company in Nevada, in honor of that company, I'm not going to disclose to name on this board and you can buy those components for a whole lot less then CM drivers.

end thread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2728
"SPLcraZe4Life160d, as cliched' as the old "if i was bill gates quote" is, I actually happen to know what Mr. Bill Gates runs in his house. They are planers from a small company in Nevada, in honor of that company, I'm not going to disclose to name on this board and you can buy those components for a whole lot less then CM drivers."

Do you know what color Mr.Gates underwear is as well? Stalker. :-) Now the thread can end.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6675
"Price should represent quality, not suggest it."

Agreed 1000%. However something is only worth what someone is going to pay for it. If you have one rich ignorant drunk azz in LA late one saturday night surfing the net in need of speaks, he's going to buy. You just can't predict it. Like the woman from Colorado who sold snow. Snow for christ sake! Aw sh1t my beer is empty.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2434
Well outside of the car...http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/grand-enigma/

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
"SPLcraZe4Life160d, as cliched' as the old "if i was bill gates quote"
is, I actually happen to know what Mr. Bill Gates runs in his house.
They are planers from a small company in Nevada, in honor of that
company, I'm not going to disclose to name on this board and you can
buy those components for a whole lot less then CM drivers."

O wait let me check something...Hold On Checkin Checkin Huh Moses's Sh1t....I DON"T CARE

I agree with rob are u stalkin him...Also why do you have to ruin a thread and blab on about, how you obviously have no life and spent hours researching that....

Go ruin an of topic thread, not one actually talkin about car audio...

I started this thread so i'm gonna end it...

THE END

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
"lots of issues with ESL speakers. first of all, "

Oh...Forgot to mention, i read up to that part, then fell asleep...

I didn't ask for your opinion, infact id din't ask for anyhting, just for you to take a look..

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6680
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
THE END

Bronze Member
Username: Th3di3s3l28

Post Number: 88
well if your getting that, why not spend the cash and get the mother of all subwoofers with it? then you'll be almost as loud as a car with 2 12" sonys. almost.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=24

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
"well if your getting that"

If who is getting what

The only way sony Xplod will eva be in my sentence is i said...

I just Xplod all over this girl named sony

Bronze Member
Username: Th3di3s3l28

Post Number: 89
it was sarcasm. plain and simple. i read the op, and my reply was a sarcastic suggestion that if you(also substitute-anyone) are/is going to spend that kind of money, you can throw some more away on a product that doesn't exist. I tossed the sony part in there, in hopes that others would see the humor/sarcasm, and not take my post seriously.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RD Audio

Post Number: 7458

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 745
LOL, Check out the reviews on the Mother of all Subwoofers!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
Steven i know you was being sarcastic...I just had a chance for a nice joke so i took it...I read the reviews skies..Also check out the Tank turret extension for your car ha ha

The only way sony Xplod will eva be in my sentence is i said...

I just Xplod all over this girl named sony

i just had to say that ha ha...I was talkin to the kid that came on here and blabbed on about something i didnt ask 4.. Not you rob

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3004
So with the speakers being so expensive i hope they are SUPER effieceint.. like 120db 1w\1m

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13076
/thread rofl.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us