Cd vs ipod signal

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 355
well when i set my gain with my dmm i did it using a cd. i hardly listen to cd's and mostly my ipod. after switching back to ipod its almost like the sub isn't even on. does the ipod send a weaker signal than a cd?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 276
perhaps it's the bps rate....192 is alil above average, and 128 is common. watch the files u download.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1087
well what are u using to hook ur ipod to ur HU. an actual cord or one of those iTrip things?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1314
i set my gains using my ipod but when i do use a cd it still sounds fine.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2869
How does the Ipod connect to the HU ? Polo..

Silver Member

OK

Post Number: 356
polo on my hu (pioneer 4900lb) you buy a cable seperate and it plugs into the ipod. it also charges it and you control the ipod through the headunit. its like a different source (aux, cd, ipod) etc

some of the pioneers come with the cable but i had to buy mine seperate. anyways with the bitrate thing most of my songs are 192 and higher.. i still dont know what the deal is. i think it just sends a weak source for some reason. but i set the gain on the ipod this time and when i listen to cd's it cuts out on high volume

Silver Member
Username: Kickerman

Post Number: 155
bump

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RD Audio

Post Number: 7447
wow, my Ipod makes the bass a lot louder..maybe its the EQ setting on your Ipod? Because mine is usually on bass boost or hip hop.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2877
When you select the source to play the i-pod, hit audio on the remote, keep flipping until you get to ipod level. When you get to this point turn it all the way up, this is the only way you get the full rating out of your HU's outs. I measured this to be true with test tones and DMM, couldn't figure out why amp power meausred so low... Polo..

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 372
i don't have that setting.. can you only get to it using the remote? and are we talking about the same hu?

oh and logan my eq is off on the ipod. i do this because i like getting a flat signal then eq'ing through the hu. makes more sense to me

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 185
what volume is your ipod on? sometimes that would affect it, put it at about 3/4 the way up

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 618
I have to put my mp3 player all the way up to match the volume level

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 388
you can turn the volume all the down and it still plays. it doesn't connect through the 3.5mm stereo jack, but the usb type port on the bottom. and when its plugged in you can't go through settings or anything it just has pioneer's logo

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2631
What Polo said sounds right..... it has to be some level adjustment.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 754
Is it only your sub that is quiet?

Or are your speakers quieter too?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us