Good or bad choice

Silver Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 231
well yesterday i was drving along and i had my music up real loud and i went threw a green light but i didnt hear and ambulance coming and im almost got T-boned ever since then im so scared to turn up my music but i still love the bass just not as ridicolous. i have 2 12inch L5s in a sealed box getting 300 watts each u think just so i could still have some bump but not as loud i would just use my L5 i have in a ported box and run it at all 600 watts. and i would sell the other 2 l5s and by new speakers and HU. but would the bass still be real loud with the one L5.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 232
ne one

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6639
**Holds breath**

Wait for it.

Wait fooooor it.....

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 168
I would think so because you still giving 600w either way but it may be louder a lil

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 837
Look at whats going on around you, if you see other cars pulling over. Get alert and find out whats going on, ATT that b!tch and check the mirrors, also remeber in drivers ed, ALWAYS check your left n right, even when about to go through a GREEN light.

stay alert bro

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 233
i mean i dont have a rearview mirror(took off rattled)so u really think the one L5 in a ported box is going to be louder then the 2 in a sealed cause if it is i dont want to do it but im not sure.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 839
....uh

so this really has absolutely nothing to do with the whole ambulance incident?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6641
Did you remove your brakes too because they were just slowing you down?

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 234
lol no could never use my mirror neway and would it sound bad if i unhooked one of the set of wires going to one of my L5s in the dual sealed box and hooked it up to the ported box with the one L5 so i would have one L5 facing the trunk and the ported one facing into the cabin

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 606
super idea^^^ but i got a better one. sell ur system n' buy 2 nice sets of components for ur door n' a nice 8" woofer for the back. since u obviously CANT handle any amount of real bass.

BASS responsibly

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1524
lol. dont disconnect 1 of the subs if they share the same airspace. and the ported single sub with twice the power should be approx 3db louder. you should port both of them and get 1200 watts and stop being a puss.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 235
im not being a puss i was just asking a question thanks for the help guys. and yea im a little worried of bass right now considering i almost got T-boned by an ambulance and couldnt hear nething even when it drove right in front of me. i mean dont get me wrong i loveeee bass and i was just wondering if i should sell my 2 L5s and box and use my one L5 and just buy new speakers and Hu with the money i get.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2929
btw, IF the ambulance had hit you, they would be at fault for running the red light, it doesn't matter if they have siren/lights on or not...same goes for cops and fire trucks..Yes the lights/siren are there to warn people, BUT if they do anything illegal such as running a red light or stop sign, and cause an accident then they are at fault...
Glad to hear that nobody got hurt. Understandable that you are shook up, but you were not bumping responibly...when driving it is best to keep the bass at a low level so that kind of stuff doesn't happen. I love bass, especially the FEEL of it...kinda like a massage. but the only time I turn it up where I can't hear whats going on around me is either in a parking lot or when I'm stopped at a light, waiting for it to turn. but if I'm moving I keep it at a lower level.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 236
im still trying to decide what to do this is prob a noob question but i have my MP3 player hooked up threw the AUX part i dont no if its just me but does the bass get softer threw that other then a CD.

thanx

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1529
I always turn my down at a red light. It's punkish to make others at the light listen to my music. Especially if its turned up loud. Plus it kills my batteries if my engine is idle. I don't turn up the system if I don't have 2KRPM. You Wolfman are not bumbing responsibly.

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 352
unless they old or law enforcement i make those fcukers listen to it at the stop lights

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1424
"I always turn my down at a red light. It's punkish to make others at the light listen to my music" Good call Lucas.

And especially the morons here that only listen to rap. Nobody, ever, should be forced to listen to that talentless bullshit from other cars.

Silver Member

OK

Post Number: 353
well im young someone has to be pri ck and make old people hate bass.. on the way home from work i pissed off this off duty cop lol he told me to turn it down and i acted like i couldnt hear him

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1425
"well im young someone has to be pri ck and make old people hate bass"

No offense dude, but that is the single most ignorant statement I have ever read on this site -- and people like you are the reason for all of the new "noise ordinances" that are now in place. For fucks sake Upload

Silver Member

OK

Post Number: 354
they will never appriciate it so f uck em..

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 274
"I always turn my down at a red light. It's punkish to make others at the light listen to my music" Good call Lucas.

GOOD FK'N CALL. this man speaks the truf.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 237
umm yea im still trying to c if i should just use the one L5 in a ported box getting its full 600 wrms and sell my 2 L5s that are in a sealed box getting 300 wrms and use that money to buy some new speakers and mabey a new HU.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4400
why not just sell all your subs and start over?

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 605
"And especially the morons here that only listen to rap. Nobody, ever, should be forced to listen to that talentless bullshit from other cars."
I should slap the sh*t out of you. You ever try to make a beat as good as underground rappers? Their beats alone are better than most rock bands today! Don't talk about sh*t you dont know about, there are talented rappers and producers around... just not as easy to find. Talentless bs huh

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1530
L5 just turn it down a bit. you will regret losing your bass. If you like bass then you will almost always want it louder. If you sell them then you will miss them and soon you will be spending more $$$ on a bigger/better system. At least that is how it is for me. If you have 2 sealed subs and switch to 1 sub ported with twice the power I think that it would be louder, but I'm not %100 sure. It may be the same volume. I think you should port them both and get a 1200 watt amp.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1426
LOL Nate @ you doing anything at all to me. That's pretty funny to start off. And I have been a professional touring drummer for longer than you have probably been alive. I also play guitar, bass, keyboards and sing. Good enough at all of those to make my own cd's by myself. So I know quite alot about music and the industry in general and who is talented and who isn't. And yes, most rappers are talentless, let's go over the facts:

Very few rappers even write their own beats, the producers do. And even if they do, they "write" them on a sequencer using loops and sampled sounds, because well, none of them can actually play drums. This takes all of an hour or so. Then, they either sequence a melody, or have someone else sequence a simple melody over the top of the beat, because ummmm, they can't play an instrument so it is the only way they can do it. Then sometimes they sample (rip off) a phrase or sequence from ANOTHER CD, because well, they can't write for shit. Then to top off this magnificent parade of sheer talent, they TALK over the top of the "music", because ummm, they can't sing. I have done many real beats for rap "artists" in the studio, and I have also sequenced artificial beats for them because most of them don't even know how to run a sequencer and have no sense of timing. And I have heard tons of underground rap as well. I have many producer friends in the industry and I am exposed to all kinds of rap, including hardcore and underground.

So maybe you are the one who shouldn't talk shit about things you don't know about, and especially threaten someone like me.

And by the way Nate, judging from your username of Killswitchjd, you know nothing about quality true metal either lol. I saw one of your other heroes (most likely if you listen to Fagswitch Engage) Unearth, get absolutely schooled by Dimmu Borgir just last night. What a moron you are Nathaniel errr, Nate

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2718
"I also play guitar, bass, keyboards and sing."

Brad you left out your favorite instrument that you play,the SKIN FLUTE!!! ^_^ hahahaha sorry man,you set me up for that one.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1427
LOL Rob, no worries, I would have done the same. I also play the wonder weasel

Was just trying to explain to this guy that it was stupid not only threatening me, but saying I shouldn't talk about sh!t I don't know about. I do like some rap for it's deep bass, and I have some cd's compiled for just that reason. But even the biggest rap fans would pretty much agree that these guys are no Mozart's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6672
I agree with Brad. Not to draw the arrows at me but most of the members here (not all) are under lets say 25. I never pizzed on any music genre and respect everyone's love for what floats your boat. Years ago MTV stumbled upon something that opened my eyes to "music appreciation". Eric Clapton's unplugged set the stage for what was a groundbreaking revelation. If you have to rely on digitally enhanced tracks and synthesized beats to create the "music" it wasn't really music at all. Rap has made a name for itself, with millions of followers. I came from 80's metal, moved onto club/dance, slowed down to the classic vocals of the standards and such, now back into anything that bumps and makes you feel good. Call me old, but don't call me inexperienced in musical variety, cause I've heard quite alot in my time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6673
^^^Oh, and I had cd's from the beastie boys and run dmc and Ez-rock. "It takes two" was an anthem in my day. I still love it. Then rap turned violent, gangsta rap was born. I was out. If you have to hold a gun or wear more jewerly than a pimp to get respect, what message is that sending? Aw snap, I need another drink.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1531
And the only rebuttal for rap?

"I should slap the sh*t out of you. You ever try to make a beat as good as underground rappers? Their beats alone are better than most rock bands today!"

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1532
Lol I'm watching the History channel here and the background music is synthesized and very similiar to what you get on a rap disc. And their talking about makeup.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4386

quote:

And especially the morons here that only listen to rap. Nobody, ever, should be forced to listen to that talentless bullshit from other cars.

so true
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us