Berny mac or anyone else with a massive P3000.1

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1191
i used a DMM to set my gains and i must be doing something wrong. i set it to AC 50V and try to work towards my target voltage and when i get there my gain is definetly not right. it is at like 30% and my stock alty can support it no problems. BTW im using an electric multi meter if that matters, its not digital. so i just said F that, and my gain is like at 50% which my electrical system begins to fail on about 3/4 of the volume

but if berny or someone else who has a massive P300.1 and has a 5V preout could just tell me where they set their gains so i have an idea of what would work

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2162
i know the massive p1500 runs from .2v max - 5v min...i think the p3000 is the same. what do u mean by 30%? 30% from the left or 30% from the right. the gain when set right should be almost all the way to the left.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1193
so the gain should almost be at the very lowest possible setting?? it didnt get loud at all at that location plus, it could be ran 100% of my electrical and it was not straining. i have heard that just because your pre-out says 5V it doesnt necessarily mean your gettin that. alot of time you could be seeing 1.5V sensitivity. i could be completely wrong on this one too.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2928
what HU do you have, you dont ALWAYS get the preout it says. Do you have subwoofer level turned up all the way?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1194
nope, subwoofer level is at 0. i have a kenwood excelon X790.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 324
Trey with that Kenwood set everything to throw, make sure sub level is all the way up, Have the volume 3/4 up

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2552
" nope, subwoofer level is at 0 "

And there is the problem. That needs to be all the way up when setting gain.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1198
ahh gotcha, thanks again guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us