Someone please help about a fuse

Username: Ddukesterman

Post Number: 2
From the battery to the amp, how many volts would the fuse have that goes in between the battery and the amp??

Bronze Member
Username: Shorterthanrich

Post Number: 44
volts...? Or amps...? The voltage would be whatever the battery is putting out...12 volts(ish).

The amperage draw depends on the amp you get...

specify what you mean

Post Number: 3
k, i have a legacy LA320 500watt, i got it free a while back, i had a jvc head unit in it, it worked just great, i put a sony in it so i could hook up my ipod. sony and ipod got jacked, i put my jvc back in, i accidently touched ground and power, popped the fuse, but someone else, not me, someone else put a 32v 60amp fuse in, it had just a 30amp fuse in there before. I can't tell what the voltage on the fuse is, it is a Monster performance 200. After he put it in, i hooked it back up and now when u slightly adjust the bass, the speakers just burst loud and pop. could the fuse have damaged the amp? i replace the fuse back to the 30 amp fuse, it still does it.

Bronze Member
Username: Shorterthanrich

Post Number: 46
It seems like something probably got damaged when you blew the fuse the first time...The new fuse shouldn't have changed anything really, other than the fact that it wouldn't fry until 60+ amps. But your amp shouldn't be drawing more than it needs unless something is screwy somewhere.

Other peoples' thoughts..?

Post Number: 4
would it have mattered that the fuse was 32v?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us