Illegal Subs?

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1146
thats what this one guy said he had tonight, the guy he bought em from said they were illegal, but strangly enough he wouldnt tell me what kind they were?? said if they hit over 180 dbs, they were illegal and that his his well over that everyday. i just laughed.

second story-

a kid (from the same group) said he just ordered his new jackhammer. along with 8 amps. he told me it was the baddest sub out there.. PERIOD. i jus rolled my eyes, and he asked what? i wrote down some websites.. and told him to look. before he bought, too bad for him that i challenged him with my new atomic apx, he said i dont stand a chance with one twelve. i said yeah, i have more watts than u do. he said he is having a custom built sealed box with that fluff sh!t put in it. i cant wait to spank his azz, should be fun, well tahts my stories of the evenings, thanks for reading.

C.Free

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 844
lol, was he a youngin lol

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1147
1st guy, 20.
2nd guy, 17

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2692
A jackhammer would most likely kill your Atomic APX.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1410
^^^ remove "most likely"

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1148
yeah i hope not, ill finally be able to put my atomic in a 5 cuft ported box. to get that sub to its full potential

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1109
^^^hope you're joking

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1149
hes only giving it 1500wrms. with no elec upgrade.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1151
im just gonna go cry in a corner now :-( lol jk, i still had fun with the guy.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1412
Joe who are you referring to? And Chase, you first said "he just ordered his new jackhammer. along with 8 amps".

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1152
yeah, he told me they are equaled a grand total for 1500wrms. and a 3000watt max, he didnt tell me what kinda amps. this is jus comin from what HE told me.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11532
i hope u can back up your words since suppose they get some really good top guy to install their sh1t & make ur system sound like an ice cream truck in comparison ,,,,,,,,,

Gold Member

Post Number: 2693
"^^^ remove "most likely""

No don't remove that Brad,you have no idea what some noobs will do to f uck up something,lol.He could free air the thing in the back seat.That's why I said it the way I did lol.You just never know with these kids.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1153
thnanks rovin.. lol... now im so waitin to get the money for my huge nice ported box. oh and rovin, i finally decided to switch cars, so i can fit a huge box for tht sucker.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1110
brad i was referring to rob

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1416
Oh ok Joe...

Rob yeah, you are right lol. I just assumed by what Chase said in the first post that the kid had eight quality high-powered amps with the neccessary power upgrades and a suitable box. In that scenario the Jackoffhammer would annihilate a single 12" APX. But, as happens alot around here, we didn't get the whole story.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12289
^^lol...if only we got the whole story 100% of the time..things would be soooooo much smoother around here

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12991
make sure you tell the kid getting the jackhammer to support the magnet well. its a heavy sub.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2160
ya the jackhammer is 369 pounds....lol...

that kid most likely has no idea what hes talking about. if hes not getting electrical upgrades u will proly take him...his car will shut off before it gets too loud...lol 8 amps...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2695
^Yea,369 pounds of a big waste of metal but it's cool looking!I seen the sub in person and I'll have to admit it looks like a beast and is cool looking.It sure as hell isn't practical though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2696
"^^^hope you're joking"

Why would I be joking?I was being totally serious.

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 542
man u guys r talkin like hes actually gona get a jackhammer. a kid talkin smack like that sayin hes getin a jackhammer 8 amps, that = 1500 rms...needs to burng there subs and amp and walk away. why if u r buying a jackhammer why wuld u buy 8 amps that =1500, why not just get 1 amp that = 1500, total retard.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1156
ill admit, it does look cool.. lol. i told him to get just one kicker amp, but he said they werent compatible. lol. and sorry for not giving the 100% of the story

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1365
Chase...did you get a new car then? I thought you had a truck?

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1157
yeah i got a 2005 explorer

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1366
That's awesome. Still sticking with the same system?

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1158
yep sure am. i cant wait either.

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1367
I can't wait to see some pics/vids

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1722
noones getting a jackhammer.

this forum is going to sh*t. its frusterating.

post if you have something productive to say. if not, keep it to yourself.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1170
IM not getting one, im not stupid, but his kid would, hes a preppy lil rich kid from the city

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2340
"noones getting a jackhammer.

this forum is going to sh*t. its frusterating.

post if you have something productive to say. if not, keep it to yourself."

lol owned

I think its complete BS also.

Bronze Member
Username: Lightning_2001

TEXAS USA

Post Number: 35
damn the HAMMER is a monster.could i fit that in my neon??im fu(king with yall.you never know he could be talking out of his a'ss but hes a rich kid soo...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2955
How tall is the jackhammer next to the 07 XXX??? That thing is a beast i seen one in person the first time the other day... atleast 2ft. tall standing on the ground.. Id take the 07 XXX over the jackhammer... and smash the sh1t out the hammer... and save money :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2956
O, BTW i guess you could say my subs are illegal... i got tickets for them :p

Gold Member

Post Number: 2731
"How tall is the jackhammer next to the 07 XXX??? That thing is a beast i seen one in person the first time the other day... atleast 2ft. tall standing on the ground.. Id take the 07 XXX over the jackhammer... and smash the sh1t out the hammer... and save money "

Try it.In a good install you'd probably have a hard time beating a Jackhammer because of the massive cone area.The thing is you've never heard a Jackhammer and I'm sure you've never seen one in a SPL install.I'm not sure why you think you can beat the sub without ever hearing it or seeing it in a real install.The Jackhammer is 22'' tall with 23 inches of cone area or vice versa but I can't exactly remember.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2960
Give me a 18 XXX and im still happy im not in it for straight SPL really... more of SQL ;) and i just dont really like MTX in general but seriously.... who would take a jackhammer over the XXX? not me but it might win in SPL just because of the cone area, but im pretty sure it has little as much to do with the design like the XXX would, thinking about it... i bet the Jackhammer is the only sub they dont mass produce.. and actually put techs into building it... hmmm i dunno sum1 should look into that one..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2961
What about A-bahns 30" sub... its older but still big lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2738
"Give me a 18 XXX and im still happy im not in it for straight SPL really... more of SQL ;) and i just dont really like MTX in general but seriously.... who would take a jackhammer over the XXX? not me but it might win in SPL just because of the cone area, but im pretty sure it has little as much to do with the design like the XXX would, thinking about it... i bet the Jackhammer is the only sub they dont mass produce.. and actually put techs into building it... hmmm i dunno sum1 should look into that one.."

I spoke with an employee of MTX about how many Jackhammers they produced and I remember him telling me last year that they made between 60-70 and were about half way through quota for the year.The sub was never made for the average Joe.It was made and aimed at people with show cars and rich guys.Bird-Man from Big Tymers was in an ad with a Cadillac Escalade that 2 of them in it I believe,it was only intended for high rollers and show cars not for you and not for me.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1196
i gaurentee you this kid will get it, its a daddys boy rich kid. its going in a h2, and hes 17. his dad has some throw.

and doesnt atomic have/getting a 24' sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2741
Get some pics of that Jackhammer setup when/if he gets it.I kind of doubt that his dad will allow him to install that monstrosity of a sub in the vehicle at 369 pounds it requires a serious box or crane to support the weight of it.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1197
i will, if i see him, its my friends friend, actually her boyfriend, so ill see what i can do. ll

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 589
sounds like the type of kid who would put it in a sealed box anyways...

and chase, are you serious, an above comment made me think so, and yes haah he may be rich, but arent those jackhammers or whatever like thousands or tens of thousands of dollars or somethin rediculous

ehh whatever, i doubt hell get it haha, but you'd smoke him anyways, him and his pyle amps im sure

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1201
lol, yeah ur right, he said he has already ordered it, i guess we will see in about 2 oe 3 months

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 149
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iewr65jZwYU

check out the amazing jackhammer!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us