A question, pretty sure I know the answer though.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2908
ok, when I put on my Bass Mekanik CD, and turn the radio up to full volume, and slide the bass adjustment on the radio up to full volume, sometimes my amp will cut out, then back on 4-5 times, then finally come back on and stay there. Why is this...I'm guessing because its a POS Jensen amp. Also, I noticed that at full volume, the subs sound great, as long as my trunk is open. But if I close the trunk, it rattles like hell (first thought it was the subs being turned up too loud, then figured out what the deal was because it stops when the trunk is open...lol) anyway, is there some cheap way to soundproof the trunk lid?

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 426
i thought it was bad to turn your volume up all the way because it cause clipping

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2910
well, my amp gain is set to minimum right now..so it shouldn't be clipping...I tried setting it with a DMM, but the voltage kept jumping around too much..and I don't trust setting it by ear...btw, even at minimum, those babies BUMP... my rearview mirror is useless when I got them on...lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1387
You don't have any dampening on your trunk lid at all Wolfman?

Get about 40 sq. ft. of eDead v1SE² from Elemental Designs and put on multiple layers. You should also fill the empty spaces inside the lid with a couple cans of expanding foam before you put on the dampening material.
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=52

If you don't want to spend that much you could get a couple rolls of Peal 'N' Seal from HD or Lowes.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us