HU Installed Only subs come on, not speakers...

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 607
Ok I got the HU installed and such, but none of the speakers come on... The subs do, but no speakers.. weird. I twisted the + and - on the alpine harness together and the + and - from the regular harness (front left speaker) and then soldered that together so there were 4 wires there.. I did this to the front right, rear left, rear right, and no sound coming from my speakers at all....... =(

Silver Member

Post Number: 608
HELP! Im running b/t here and garage as we speak.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 355
are you saying you soldered all 4 together? if not i dunno but the way you put it it kinda sounds like it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
yes i soldered all 4 together..

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
well that explains it then lol. you have shorted them. i said im done arguing so i'll keep my mouth shut. anyway you gotta undo all that and put the + and - for each speaker soldered together then electicians tape/heat shrink em if you can. but at least do the tape. there was probably a diagram with your deck in the owners manual.

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
wow i suck at explaining sh!t. put them soldered together. wow. anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2913
do not solder + and - together, +goes to + and - to-

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1108
are you stupid ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
you should do some research before you try and install stuff john.

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
"you should do some research before you try and install stuff john."

Cam you can shut you fu*king mouth, I dont wanna hear your sh!t, you tell me to research but yet you tell me to wire my sh!t wrong? Stfu u idiot dont post ur ignorant thoughts in this thread any more!

Guys, I am splicing the alpine harness into the factory one, and cant get the speakers to come on, only the subs... I hooked it up and tried messing with it for 10 mins, then I took it out, and the back of the HU burnt my hand and blistered it, it was so hot..

Silver Member

Post Number: 612
"you should do some research before you try and install stuff john."

Cam you can shut your fu*king mouth, I dont wanna hear your sh!t, you tell me to research but yet you tell me to wire my sh!t wrong? Stfu u idiot dont post ur ignorant thoughts in this thread any more!

Guys, I am splicing the alpine harness into the factory one, and cant get the speakers to come on, only the subs... I hooked it up and tried messing with it for 10 mins, then I took it out, and the back of the HU burnt my hand and blistered it, it was so hot..

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2920
john, something is definately wired wrong...the + for each speaker should be wired to the + wire for that speaker ONLY, same goes for the - of each speaker, hope that helps..kinda hard to figure out what you've done wrong...but there should not be 4 wires together.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 834
john u have the polarity for HU to Speakers opposite of what they should. You say u twisted the - to the +. Do the opposite and it should work bro, also never solder until u know for sure that its right, do this by going yp to the hood and REconnecting the ground on ur batt and test out with low level music and hear what speakers work and whatnot. Good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
umm how did i tell you to wire it wrong? i wired my hu fine. you got me confused here. and i wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, i was serious. you gotta make sure you know what you're doing before you try installing anything.

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
o hey i did. wow you should see my posts before i edit them. it's scary. anyway yeah i did. sorry about that. but yeah i had that messed up. again sorry. im not thinkin very well today.

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 539
john, this thread is very confusing me... but correct me if im wrong... u put all the pos, and all neg together? u can do that... all are seperate... they are color coded... for example purple... u take purple neg to purple neg, tape it... purple pos to purple pos, tape... it etc.... john u hav hell of craftsmanship, but im with cam u need to stay away from installing... but hey ur like me u need to fuhk up to lern... trust me in the begining i wasted lots of money to lern sheit... go on www.bcae1.com and read around thats wat i did wen i was new to car audio... taught me a ton of sheit.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 834
Wow.

Silver Member

Post Number: 613
Well what threw me off was a wiring diagram from that install website. I had done it pos to pos and neg to neg at first, but I didnt get much sound. Then I did it this way and my HU went on fire. I put it back the old way now after phuckin ever, and it works on tuner mode speakers and everything, but when I put a cd in, no speakers work whatsoever just the subs.. All i hear is bass and no vocals.. Any idea? I read a shitload before hand and have asked around a lot. The speaker thing threw me off at the beginning, there must have been a loose connection when I did it right the first time..

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 546
well... first, i suggest watching somebody that knows what there doing ATLEAST one time for each thing... unless your willing to take the risk of lerning it on ur own and possibly wasting money... IMO head unit is the easiest thing to install in car audio, next to splicing 2 wires together for componets but other then that its HU.... ummm as for there being no sound... do you turn the volume 3/4s up? did u check ur HU settings, to make sure it didnt reset or is faded up fron, or back.. did u turn ur highs, mids up, and lows down... (i bet thats wat it is) becuz wen u unplug hu and plug back in it resets, and turns the high, mid, low to 0.. you want the low -what ever, and highs and mids + all the way... lemme know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 614
"well... first, i suggest watching somebody that knows what there doing ATLEAST one time for each thing... unless your willing to take the risk of lerning it on ur own and possibly wasting money... IMO head unit is the easiest thing to install in car audio, next to splicing 2 wires together for componets but other then that its HU.... ummm as for there being no sound... do you turn the volume 3/4s up? did u check ur HU settings, to make sure it didnt reset or is faded up fron, or back.. did u turn ur highs, mids up, and lows down... (i bet thats wat it is) becuz wen u unplug hu and plug back in it resets, and turns the high, mid, low to 0.. you want the low -what ever, and highs and mids + all the way... lemme know."

Fade/Bass/Trebel/Balance are all adjusted properly. Loud Feature has been tried on and off, There is one where you set the HPF to off, 80hz, 120hz 240hz or something like that.. I have tried all of that.. Volume is up enough so that if the speakers were on, you would hear vocals, because the subs pound still.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us