BRAD WARREN

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1069
i think it was you lol in another thread u said u use anti-theft screws, where and how did u get them because everywhere i look they are either like 10 bucks a screw and u can only buy em in HUGE quanities, if it wasnt brad who posted it whoops but anyone know?

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

Cahokia, IL. USA

Post Number: 160
here http://www.tamperproof.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1386
Yeah that is the place. I ordered a few hundred awhile back (I build alot of boxes) and I think they were around 2 bucks each. I am not sure what their policies are right now, contact them and see.

Another place that you can get similar bolts on a 100 part minimum for a cheaper cost is http://www.brycefastener.com/

I use the Tamperproof Opzit Tri-Wing bolts with Loctite Blue 242. They aren't cheap but neither is replacing all your gear.

Like I said in the other thread, a couple total asshole douchebag companies decided to start making "security bolt bit-kits" and also integrated screwdrivers -- just for the thieves. Cool huh? I was so pissed when I heard this that I called the companies and rattled off a few e-mails. All they basically said is that they are protected under the free trade agreement and they can make and sell whatever they want. There have even been stories of inmates smuggling in bits to remove security screws to escape their cells, and professional theft rings are all outfitted with these bit-sets in case they run into anything fastened down with security bolts. But the average punk kids that steal 90%+ of stereo gear will just move on when they see that the equipment uses these bolts, or in some cases just steal the whole car so they can figure out how to remove them later.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1073
do you got some laying around that you'd be willing to sell,like 10-20 or so so i dont have to buy 100 of em lol, but yea i was reading up on em and i think just like a regular tamper-proof one would do because i live in a small town but the trailer park is right down the road from the school and no offense to any of you that might live in trailers, but they steal sh!t all the time, so i know when they hear me bumpin they gonna try n steal it, but if i got some of these they would be to stupid to know what to do, so they should get the job done lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1396
Well... I sold my box company last year (after building over 3000 quality boxes, more than all the box builders on this site combined by the way) because I was sick of making boxes, talking about boxes, thinking about boxes, answering stupid questions about boxes, etc. That's why you will never see me try to sell or talk about boxes on here other than to give credit to people like Logan and Canaan that make very nice boxes to do people a favor, and not solely for profit. And also because I am now on the road alot and I don't have time to put the attention into it that it requires.

Well, the guys I sold it to started using Rockford, Kicker, and Audiobahn drivers so they could make more profit... which made me furious because they ruined the whole stigma of the company that I created. So, long story short, I never talk to them at all except for when I need to build myself a box. Then I stroll in there and tell them to get the fuck out of my way lol. I am sure that they don't even use security screws anymore due to their greed, last time I was there I saw them using allen screws.

Sorry man, normally I would have sold you some, I will see if I can locate a couple dozen somewhere for you.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1075
thanks man id appreciate a lot if ya find some

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2415
Heres boxes of 25 for 5-7 bucks from Graingers.
There is a graingers in Arlington Hieghts. Ive been to it. Off the Golf road. There are probly more closer to you. Check the site for store locations.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1078
where are they for 5-7 bucks for a thing of 25, all i see is like 5-7 bucks for an individual screw.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2425
Tamper Screw,Button,#8,3/4 L,PK 25
Tamper Resistant Screw, Sheet Metal, Button Head, Torx, 18-8 Stainless Steel, Size #8, Length 3/4 In, Driver Size T15, Head Diameter 0.298-0.312 In, Head Height 0.077-0.087 In, Meets/Exceeds ANSI/ASME B18.6.3,

*******Package 25 Grainger Item # 5KU73********

Price (pk.) $7.03
Brand APPROVED VENDOR
Mfr. Model # 5KU73
Ship Qty. 1
Sell Qty. (Will-Call) 1
Ship Weight (lbs.) 0.1
Usually Ships** Today
Catalog Page No. 2327

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA