How many watts u think im seeing.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1170
anybody with good electrical system knowledge should def give a guess on this one. My stock alt is 120 amp's and im running regular range rover electronics and my kicker KX350.2 which has a 50 amp fuse. now im wandering how much power my massive P3000.1 is seeing before it drops to battery power?
im guessing about 1000 watts tops, but who knows, im not that educated in the electrical field so i was hopin someone who is (MS,Wolfie,paul,Polo) or anyone who wants to guess could help out.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1362
I would have answered but I am not included in the "smart group" Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6608
Son, if you think I'm sober enough to answer that question you have another thing coming.

Sh1t, I was grouped with "Wolfie".

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2409
1224 watts, providing 15% unusable power for car needs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1172
theres lots of good regulars that i value.

but i think the above mentioned are in a class of their own

Gold Member

Post Number: 1173
hey marc, did you consider how much power is allocated to my kicker KX350 ??

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4993
first off u ahev to see if it has a regulated power supply or unregulated...

but with your charging that amp if it has unregulated power supply and because its pretty damn efficient with 85% of efficienty ull see close 200o watts if u got enough charging system toback it up witout using the an ho alt like beefy cables good batterie in the hood and if your battery drops to at least 11.5 volts

if u got pretty much stock ur screwed u better set the gains rigth cuz that probably wil be clipping 90% of the time

Gold Member

Post Number: 1174
heres how my calulations came out. 120 amps - 20 for car needs =100 - 30 amps for Kicker mids/highs amp. so thats 70 amps 8 13.5 (what my vehcile sits at) X .85 (efficiency) equals about 800 watts

Gold Member

Post Number: 1175
its unregulated, and my alty is stock, gain is about .5 i lay off the volume knob whenever i start droppin below 13 volts.

but that amp itself with 14 volts has been clamped to do a solid 2400 watts from Evan at RD

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2900
im guessing about 1000 watts tops, but who knows, im not that educated in the electrical field so i was hopin someone who is (MS,Wolfie,paul,Polo) or anyone who wants to guess could help out.

Sorry, but I'm only educated in the electrical field as it applies to house current and plugs/switches/lights in homes...so no Idea on this one.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2410
yes, I assume its for comps, so 10-15 amps

14.4*85 amp (usable)= 1224 is about the most you will see total, give or take.
1224-20 amps for kicker amp=1200 or so.
1200-20% for loss is -240 amps for a total of about
1200-240 =960 amps. So your guess of 1000 was pretty close.

Throw a dmm on it and find out for sure.
This is all speculation. If your wiring was good, If your bat/alt was good. If your equipment was effecient....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1177
very true marc. i appreciate the help. how come i never see you around ecoustics??

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2411
working on my new set up...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1178
ahh, what you gonna be runnin?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2412
8 amps, 16 speakers, 2 subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1180
ohh yeah man, i remember seeing your setup in the braggin section, arent u runnin 2 W6's?? i bet thats gonna be a nice SQ system

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2662
"heres how my calulations came out. 120 amps - 20 for car needs =100 - 30 amps for Kicker mids/highs amp. so thats 70 amps 8 13.5 (what my vehcile sits at) X .85 (efficiency) equals about 800 w"

Lol,only 20 Amps for your car's needs?Come on man you think they'd install a 120 amp stock alt in there because your car only needs 20 amps?You need to have a look at the fuse panel and do some thinking.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
yeah, i got what ya mean. like i said still pretty new to the electrical arena. so how many watts do u think im seein rob? (remember to allocate for the mids/highs amp)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5003
the battery acts someimtes like abuffer then when it draws all the alt power the battery will push the extra amps needed but not sometimes when it needs alot more current.

so

its
14.4*85 amps (usable)= 1224

but then add another 85 amps from the battery 2380 rms

Gold Member

Post Number: 1184
i thought only car audio batteries acted as a buffer. i was always under the impression regular starting batt's were kinda worthless??

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2503
Most of the calculations in this thread so far are BS.......

If you want to know how much power you're getting, use a DMM to measure your electrical system voltage. Crank up the system and see what it drops to. For example if you amp has a 12 volt power rating and your voltage is dropping to 12, that's how much power. If it drops to 11, figure a little less than the 12 volt rating. (of course this all assumes your gain is set correctly)

But if you just wanted a guess, I'd say you could probably get about 2000 watts with massive voltage drop (not good for the electrical system).

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2890
120A at 14.5V (suggesting it doesnt drop)
Ill give your car 20A running power..

100A x 14.5 x.80 (80% effientcy?)

1160rms but since it will drop down to about 12.6 where battery power kicks in this is what you would get at 100A x 12.6V x.80 = 1008rms

rought guess's... but then you have the kicker as well to factor in.. about 800rms? but the battery power keeps it from being 700rms.. your out of power without them lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2891
about 700rms*?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1189
PLUS, my alty sits at 13.5 so i bet im not even seeing 700 rms...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2918
as long as you have your battery...... your getting alot more out of it... those were if you were running ONLY alt. power..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us