IS THIS POSSIBLE

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 166
Alright I have 1 SVC 4ohm 15" sub and a mono amp (+,+,-,-) the amp only gives 200rms at 4 ohms.

Question=If I was to get a blown (SVC)4ohm speaker that dosen't make any noise or sound could I wire this in parallel with my 15" sub to get 2ohms for the amp? and if this is possible wouldn't the 15" sub draw all the power since the speaker isn't working at all (doesn't even move)to lower the ohms at the amp

Let me know why it would or wouldn't work ?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4984
mp[e dude the coil its wat makes the ohms.. ifu read a new coil form a new woofer lets say 4 ohms dual four ohms when u put a ovltmeter there and test it out it iwll read about 3.8 ohms so thats 4 ohms... but when the speaker its shorten out or its blown it might read 10 ohms, 0.2 ohms or wateva depending of how much damaged the coil is...

wat ur trying to do its wrong and will never work... theres sometimes resistors that can regulate the ohmes but if u could do it the 15 inch sub will take the draw its supposed to and the resistor will take the other draw it supposed to...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2502
Won't work. You can't change the impedance of a speaker unless you recone it.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2884
if you use a coil just as a resistor that would be pointless, it would get hot because there is no cooling system on it and it would be destroyed, along with getting it wired to the 2ohm... the resistor is killing 50% of the power no use out of it at all... so no like M.S. says... recone or new sub only choice unless you want to add a second sub...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2861
Actually technically yes it would work but as stated you need cooling. This is the same as that dummy load they had a few years back I think it was made by PhoenixGold, some impedence matching load. If you took that coil with a piece of copper pipe that fit snuggly inside of the coil and used a 12V CPU cooling fan to blow down the length of the ID it would be sufficient to cool it but IMHO not worth it. Polo...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2895
wasted power FTL...

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2864
"wasted power FTL"

Only with your POS amp Killa, FTW!

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2865
Killa, fo you! http://www.bcae1.com/trnimpmt.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2903
You lost me for a second.. the amps inefficiency isnt all that bad is it...? It doesnt matter to much though, im only trying this amp out for about 20minutes after they send me the brand new one to see if the old was a defect (fuzzy sounds and stuff) if this one works better i might keep it, but im still going with a P3000.1 at the end of the month as well, ill compare the 2 and buy another of the winner.. i have a feeling massive will take it but eh... might as well compare since ill have both.. But polo, i was referering into amp output power being wasted rather then power supply power, it would just be like making the amp work harder for the same power.. wasted power and stressing the amp more... although its prolly stable its not worth it

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 167
alright i understand I just need to get me a 2ohm sub I may trade my 15 sub for a 12 sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us