My Car DIED after 15 minutes of subs. HELP!!!

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 590
I bumped from school to home (about 15 minutes) And i stopped outside my driveway to grab the mail and i went to start my car and... it didnt start. I had someone jump it and now its running in the driveway. This is the first time it has happened to me. What do you guys think I should do? I'm kinda tight on money, but need not to get stranded anymore..

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 243
looks like your alt is dead and can't keep your batt charged while running. what is your voltage when the car is on? if its over 12.5 volts you know your alt is working. then you just need a new battery.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2655
"looks like your alt is dead and can't keep your batt charged while running. what is your voltage when the car is on? if its over 12.5 volts you know your alt is working. then you just need a new battery."

If his alt was dead the vehicle would run by itself until the battery was completely empty BUT and I say BUT your engine can still run without any form of charging if your engine is so hot it will self ignite the fuel/air until it runs out of fuel or possibly blows up.Anyhow,I don't think his alternator is dead yet because the engine would shut off from not having sufficient juice to create spark and run WTFever kind of things it runs on.Your alternator is probably alright but you probably drained your battery completely while you were bumping.You need to take it easy with that system because you were probably clipping as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 591
oh alright. I guess I'll set my gain lower and such. I just got a new HU in the mail. ALpine 9883, but havent the slightest phucking idea how to install it. I have taken my other HU out and there is a big hole in my dash, I dont know which wires to plug in where.. I guess i should be posting this in the head unit section =/

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1346
Post here man...I'm sure people would be willing to help. Maybe some pics will get you some answers...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2657
You're head unit has a wiring diagram.Get yourself a factory harness and wire to that and it's all plug and play.If you have a rat nest of wires inside your car and no harness get yourself a DMM or test light and start testing the wires to figure out what is what.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 434
yea bro...its really simple
its even color coded so you kno wht to connect. Its really easy man. Shoot questions on this thread if u not so sure wht to do.

best way is like wht Ben said...jus post some pics of wht u dnt understand and we'll explain it out for you. Tho ur h/u prob came wit a manual and would have the speaker wiring diagram laid out..which should be easy for you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 593
What do these two cords do and where do i plug them in to? I dont have an ipod btw and dont need a plug in for it.

Where do I put the remote wire? My new HU came with a new wiring thing or harness that i plugged into the back, but i already have 2 other wiring harnesses in that empty hole

Theres the wiring harness from my old HU, but it wont fit on my new HU.. no worries there is a new harness with my new HU, but I dont know how to hook it up.

This is what came with the new HU, i hooked it into my new alpine but all the wires need to be stripped and crimped somewhere, but idk where.

This is just the inside of the hole where there are 2 harnesses and none of them even work for me, should i take them out somehow or what? How do i hook the remote wire?

My RCA's... one is blue one is white, and there are 3 places to put 3 different sets of RCA's there, should I use the top one and blue in the red and white in the white?
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 595
The 4th picture down is my old eclipse HU, not the alpine one... the pix messed up, so paragraph 1 = pix 1, paragraph 2 = pix 2 and so forth. Thanks for help. I have a shitload of HW, so i may be slow responding. Thanks for ur guys help.

Username: Deeeebeeez

Post Number: 6
when i got my new hu i just cut off the plastic part of the old harnes and stripped the wires and matched them up with the colors on my new harness and spliced them.....it worked

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 350
on my tracker it was so messed up it wasnt even funny. the dude had cut the harness off and spliced the hu harness right to the wires. and some of them were completely different colours than they should have been. in the end i figured out what was the constant 12 volts and the one that tells it when to turn on and then i just faded/balanced it to one speaker and touched em together til the one i wanted was playing. it took forever. i got comps on my nine.4 now tho so when i sell it i'll have to go back and re do it all to put the antique pioneer back in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 598
hmm.. What are those red/yellow/black wires for? Can I just cut those too?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 584
haha man i coudl figure it out if i knew eactly what u were saying btu i dont lol.. umm i seems ure trying to say that there are to many hrnesses in ure car and only one for ure HU well yea u dont need all of them.. my grand prix had 2 but i bought the conector for my car at walmart for liek 7 bucks and you conect that to ure HU's harness, then conetct it to teh one that it fits in ure car.. it cant be to hard, im not puttin u down im just kinda lost on wut u mean.. but anyway my ssters b/f he got a new neon and sais hey wil u instal my cdplayer for me ? i say umm suree, i hev notign else to do. hes liek ill even pay you, i said sweet , hes liek 10 bucks i was thinkin now should i tel him liek 45 and tel him if not then go to a shop liek last time when u had ure cavalier an dpay outa ure a.ss lol.. i didnt say that i just did it cuz i love getting more experience.. when i was done hes liek o man u ar ethe greatest thanx.. i said no prob, then hes liek so u knwo hwo to hook up amps and subs and all that? im liek yea u see it in my car and my step moms and my other friends right? he goes yea i say wel yea i did ti myself i aint gonna pay over 100 bucks to have someone install my stuff.. so hes paying me for that to when i do it.. he has a lanzar vibe amp 800 watt. thats maxx i hav eno clue what rms is.. and dual subs haha they sound liek poopp.. its prolly teh worst system ive heard ..wel sry if i budged in .. have an of you goten payed from friends for installs?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2910
just buy a new wire harness to connect to your stock one, the wires are labeled what is what if you look close enough same on the HU harness (you wont see label on the stock harness tho, only the one that connects the stock harness to the HU harness) and with this way, you can pull out your other 2 harness's just by disconnecting the harness... unless you tapped directly into your stock harness -.-

Silver Member

Post Number: 600
My stock harness is connected to another harness, which hooked into my eclipse, i pulled my eclipse out and there is the harness that the eclipse hooked to and alpine sent me a harness to fit that certain cd player, and the ends of the wires still need to be split and spliced in, they didnt send me a double ended harness. Look at the last picture and the Hu sitting on my lap, see how the wires are just lying loosely and need to be spliced into something?

Silver Member

Post Number: 601
My stock harness is connected to another harness, which hooked into my eclipse, i pulled my eclipse out and there is the harness that the eclipse hooked to and alpine sent me a harness to fit that certain cd player, and the ends of the wires still need to be split and spliced in, they didnt send me a double ended harness. Look at the last picture and the Hu sitting on my lap, see how the wires are just lying loosely and need to be spliced into something?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2682
I'll say it again get yourself a digital multi meter or a test light and find out what wires do what. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 602
=( Can't i just connect green to green, grey to grey, black to black, blue to blue? Also.. Let me take more pix and figure out wtf to do.....

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 438
and don't cut the black/red/yellow wires
they are your remote/ignition/and power wires...very imporant

and are you going to use an amp to power up the speakers? if so then u dn't have to connect the blu/grey/green/purple wires...u run them to the amp

good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
Sh!t i cut the yellow red and black wires, but re soldered them to the alpine wiring harness. Is this ok? I wired every wire that had a match from the alpine harness to the regular harness..

There were 2 wires... An orange one with a white stripe, and a light blue one (same color as my remote wire) that didnt have a match (on the regular harness). And from the alpine harness there was a pink w/ black stripes, 2 blue ones (one with white stripe), and a plain orange one. What do I do with these?

My remote wire that is in my car is light blue too, should I solder that one to the lightblue one on the factory harness or where do i put my remote wire?

Also, Which one of those big plug ins do I plug into the cd player? The one with the Red or Yellow band? What are they for and do i need both?

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
oops, dont know how that last pic got in there

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 586

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
bump im waiting to finish putting it in, and need to know where to go next =/

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 841
well mine did that once when i put 4 solo-barics on my amp but it was just cause i had a stock 70a alt, but is was working so im guessing it ait got the power(in my camaro)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us