Car audio 3-4 years from now?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12916
what do you guys think the car audio world will be like 3-4 years from now?

the reason i ask is in a year or so its time for me to have my own business. getting tired of working for somone even though the pay is good.

i really want to open a car audio shop but if this scene is slowly dying, there is no point. just wanted to see what you guys think.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2385
The scene is growing man!

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 831
i predict a rise, with our generation (us teens and 20s right now) We are setting the stage for our young to automatically be involved in the era of 'bling' i.e. rims, body kits, sound systems, performance upgrades. This generation is changing cars, no longer are they transportation.

Car audio business will only boom further...literally

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 892
I think it will be the same as it is now honostly. I mean some of the best amps ever made are from the early to late 90's,subs on the other hand are better nowadays then back in the day. Alot of companys sold out and arnt what they used to be like Orion,PPI,MB Quart ect. With all the great sub companys out i think more ppl should be looking into only manufacturing amps and build them like all the great old school amps.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1352
I agree with Twiztid... it theoretically can't really progress much farther than this. Sure there will be minor advances in amps and subs like there has been for the past ten (or so) years, but it has reached the point where the technology has pushed the available materials to their limits, and I see only slight advances in the next decade. JBL still makes the best pro-sound drivers in the world, and the basic technology they are using was developed some 20 years ago in most cases.

And Andrizzle, no offense man, but if you are saying that the type of kids that frequent sites like this are going to push the envelope even further... I don't see that happening. To be brutally honest, if the industry were left in the hands of 95% of the members here, technology would go down, not up. We have some serious morons here

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12269
Brad is nice...i call those morons...dumb a.s.s.e.s

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12921
when i went to comps this year, it seems like it has died down a bit from last year.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 251
48 volts!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 570
I think it will still go down a bit due to the rising price to live and raising gas prices.. if you find the right place youll have a great business

The places around here are always booked for atleast 2 weeks before an opening for install is in place, its all about location

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 264
i think in 3-4yrs car audio will be 95% online purchases and the only work shops will get is the installation, which aint' bad. and also denim is right 48volts HYBRIDS FTW.

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 572
^^^^ that wont happen at all.. theres TONS of people that will go to best buy,cc or a local store for subs and installation, many people buy from the store, they dont trust buying online- they want the brand name and will stick with it

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2647
"^^^^ that wont happen at all.. theres TONS of people that will go to best buy,cc or a local store for subs and installation, many people buy from the store, they dont trust buying online- they want the brand name and will stick with it"

I think you're right to an extent but more and more people are becoming more trusting with purchasing products on the internet.There are lots of security services and laws that are provided for us against internet scams/fraud as opposed to earlier times.

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 328
I think u both are right I think car audio trend is spreading but the ppl involved dnt kno what the hell there tlking about like me for instance sure I'm a noob but I have the ambition and willingness 2 learn everything I can about car audio and not every1 is like tht... I learned a hell of a lot since I strted visiting this site b4 I came here I knew nothing about these underground companies and big 3's and ho alt and none of the stuff I kno a lot more than I did sure I'm still a noob but I'm learning more and more every day and I thank u guys for tht... at least the nice guys not the d!cks like renegadesrun... bottom line if every1 has the ambition 2 learn as much as possible and be humble this car audio bussiness will boom like never b4...

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 529
Ya i lerned alot from here also, and bcae1... about the big 3... lol i went into a local car audio place ( proly t he most popular around here) i asked him how much u charge to do big 3, hes like what? i had to explain to him run 0 guage from alt.. blah blah... he stil dint get it... just said nvm and walked out

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12922
please dwight lets leave out the name calling.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2865
How about selling stuff for deals non like the local dealers... you still do better and they go out of bussiness ;)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2866
Free basic custom box with any purchase over 1000$ limitations apply

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12930
here is the list of stuff i can get for real cheap if i open a store.

kicker, pineer, almani, and avionixx.

i just need to add a flagship brand and i am all set. also i know a couple of alarm installers that are awesome that can work for me.

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 163
Chad are you accepting applications lol

I need a job man....and...and..will you teach me the art of car audio lol

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1804
it'd b a long drive to work evryday for ya Joshua....NC to CA lol

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 439
yea i agree a lil with all of the above overall, "from NC to CA" it most likely wont drop. If anything it will stay the same, but prolly increase.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 590
I was talking to an engineering teacher at the state school I went to, she said slowly all the car companies will group together to have the stock voltage of cars be 24 volts, not sure why but she explained it in a comlicated way. Anyone hear real info on this or have a site about it?

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 442
yea Nate i have read something about actually...i think it was 24 volts also but i could be wrong...and yea that pretty much what the article said however i remember them sayin it would take a while so its not gonna happen soon

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5070
ive read it somewhere a long time ago too..."24 volts"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us