Yanks fans much awaited install

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5084
is still being waited for....the guy at the shop tried to tell my dad that my sub and amp arent "compatible", my speakers are bad and i shuold buy some random brand he sells, my component amp is 2 channels and that cant power all 4 speakers which is obvious but i wanted him to hook the 2 channel amp to the front speakers which are "bad" in his opinion, i NEED rear speakers or else it will sound awful, he doesnt get the concept of powering the rear speakers only off the HU, my box is too big for the sub, and he said i should buy this custom box which fits in my tc in the spare wheel compartment and the sub in it would be a 10" JL W3 all for a mere price of $700....

so yea, all i got installed today is my HU. the HU so far is nice, i like it, no complaints yet.

but im pissed about this all. this guy tried to screw over my dad but luckily my dad didnt buy anything. ima go up there tomorrow and have a little talk with this guy and explain to him what i need done and if he can do it or not. most likely im gonna go to a different place....so the wait continues and will probably comtinue another week or so....im furious

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12894
hey yanks fan how about some pics? is that too much to ask for? come on man. lol.

everybody is out trying to get more money. get used to it. its going to happen more in life. lol.

sorry for being a d!ck but i need pics damn it.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5085
you want pics of the HU?

i guess i can get some up tomorrow....i can take a pic of my empty box in my trunk to if you want it lol

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 425
and vid plz

and yea yanks...ppl will def. try to take advantages and rip you off a lot during life. Don't worry tho...they kno they got somethin comin in the future (my friend karma)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2475
Ugh. This is exactly why people DIY.

And what makes you think you NEED rear speakers, lol. I guess all the SQ competitors are doing it all wrong by not running them?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12895
^^^^x100000000000

get rid of the rear speakers.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5086
i wish i could it myself MS....dad wont let me

i know i dont need rear speakers...HE said i NEEDED rear speakers....i was gonna keep them in and see how it sounded and just fade everything up front probably...

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2477
Oh the dumbas$ at the shop said that? lol, I though YOU were saying that......

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5087
thats what i figured you thoght...i had to clear that up lol

im going to meet him tomorrow...maybe make an appointment with him but well see

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2478
I would really stay far the hell away from that shop. I wouldn't trust them for sh!t if they are this dumb.....

Too bad you already paid for the install. I'd do it for free if you made a few hours drive to the Philly PA area

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5088
philly isnt too far away from me MS....dont tempt me lol

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 553
M.S. you live pretty close to me.. could you help me with the Big 3 and HO Alt?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2484
Mike:

I could probably do that. Would have to be on a weekend though. Send me a P.M.

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 554
PM sent

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5090
and the guy hadnt heard of Fi...which doesnt surprise me but i dont hold it against him....

anyone in the NoVA/DC/MD area trying to do the install and teach me a thing or two?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4367
find a new shop

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5093
i most likely will dope...but the guy wants to talk with me for some reason so ima go up there tomorrow and speak with him

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1291
if he thinks that amp and sub arnt compatible he shouldnt be installing car audio.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5095
i agree snarl but im guessing and hoping that he was just trying to take advantage of my dad's lack of knowledge trying to pressure him into buying something else...we'll see tho, ima go up and talk with him and if he seems legit, then ill let him do it, if not then i can find another place

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1388
hey yanks i stay in fredericksburg va ; )

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5096
killerz...would you be interested in installing the stuff for me if this guy is a joke?
frederickburg is a solid 45 minute drive for me....

hit me on AIM tomorrow sometime if your interested, if not, no big deal. y2kmonkey33

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2843
damnnnnnn that sucks man, GOING TO DEALERS FOR INSTALLS FTL! If your stuff wasnt compatible after you sitting on ecoustics and collecting that many posts.... there is somthing wrong, LOL

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5097
lol im past my prime in post wh0ring...my sub and amp are compatible...why he thinks they arent is beyond me...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
ide say go off and have somone from ecoustics near u help u install it if possible that way u can watch them install it so you know how to do it incase u ever wanna do it again or change something. Also it will feel better when its complete if you had a part in installing it.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12914
^^^^^good advice from a sophomore

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2396
thats whacked out. I would pay for the HU install and go somewhere else. If thats not possible, then do the meet, and explain what you want, not what he wants.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1294
well its ez to install. I installed mine myself all by myself. no help from anyone else. The only help i got was reserching on the internet. BTW i installed it at the beggining of my sophmore year i was 15.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12915
nice snarl. beginning of my sophomore year i was busy surfing and skating.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1296
lol. all freshman year i had a class called website design which i would have about 45 spare mins a day to do w/e so i looked up car audio stuff. i also have helped my friend with some parts of his system

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3445
You talked to em yanks??

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1385
man reckless why don't you shut the phuck up you f@g

Gold Member

Post Number: 1387
BUMP to bring out the side of reckless we know and love!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5102
didnt talk to him today...didnt feel like driving out there lol, maybe tomorrow

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6592
He's not much of an installer if he hasn't heard of FI. That's the same as the washing machine repair man never seeing a model quite like yours. It's a self generated excuse to turn you around and violate you in da p00p shoot. Glad your dad caught onto him. I wouldn't use him to even run speaker wire.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1388
no fun i like when reckless gets p!ssed :-(`

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2895
damn man, just get someone who knows what they're doing, that guy evidently doesnt. btw...I was still thumping first!!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5103
lol i hate you wolf lol jk

killerz, if your interested and see this, hit me on AIM and maybe we could work soemthing out with yuo helping me/doing it/teaching me...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5104
bump?

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1392
well yanks i never get online LOL my moms takin her comp an i was talkin to a my lady gurl when she was @ work an just happend to be on LOL hmmmm i dunno we might can work sumthin out what is it that u want ot have done??? an my aim is trippin right now so cant hit u up on that

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1355
Yanks I wish I lived near you so I could go down there and show those assclowns what's up.

Pisses me off when these morons take a two-week class and then believe that they know everything about audio -- when the fact is that they know next to nothing. Then they turn around and dis brands they don't know (pretty much all of the quality ones) and then they have the balls to say what you have won't work so they can sell their overpriced crap

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5109
your only a couple miles away brad lol

killer...i would need everything, sub, amp, comp speakers, amp, all wiring...if your interested, name a price and maybe we could work something out

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1360
a couple thousand lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1307
yaniks u get it installed yet?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5118
nope...went to talk to him today and all he wanted to do was sell me stuff so i walked out...i asked him if he could install my stuff and how much he would charge and all he would do was try to make me buy something else and sell what i have...so i got pissed and left

this dude got a b0ner over anything JL...he told me that my box was WAY to big for the sub i have. my sub is off-brand so it isnt good. the JL w6 would OWN my sub is output. JL makes the best subs. he really wanted me to buy this enclousre for my car which would fit in the wheel well and be the home to a W3 which would also OWN my sub in output...the stuff he was telling me was absurb so i left.

going to a new shop on monday

Gold Member

Post Number: 1310
how mcuh are you paying for all this insall sh!t

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5119
roughly 300

Gold Member

Post Number: 1313
DAMNNN...for that price u could have bought me a plane ticket and flew me to ur house and i woulda installed it

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5120
interested? lol

my dad is paying for install cause he wont let me do the install....

the dude said some dumb sh1t i wanted to call him out on but i didnt....
he said "when looking at an amp, your basically paying $1 per watt. if your paying less than $1 per watt than you arent getting the real wattage. thats why the JL 1000/1 is $1000."
also "the W3 will crush the sub you have now in out put."
"JL audio is the ONLY company to offer the same RMS from 1-4 ohms" ever heard of phoenix gold xenon series?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1103
he must be an old school guy cuz thats the way it used to be ... a dollar a watt

and you have a ssd correct?

the guy doesnt have ne expierience in ne thing else ... thats a guy u stay away from mang

Gold Member

Post Number: 6643
$1 per watt????

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2704
Hahaha Paul,that pic is the sh1t!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5122
yea mike i got the SSD...and im done with that shop, going somewhere new tomorrow. and theres no way the guy is old school cause he couldve only been all of 25 years old or so...but who knows, maybe he is old shcool

and paul that pic is money

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2398
I'm kind of disappointed in you Yanks. I would have stayed there and argued with him so much. Main question would be "how the hell do you get off saying a stupidass w3 is better than my sub?" I would also come back when it finally is installed and let him hear it. I'm getting pissed off over here lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12294
^yep...i would driver over there and be like u sure a w3 is better then this off-brand sub??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2934
definately, whenever you do get the install done, bo over there and OWN HIS AZZ

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2400
^Have him sit in the car, child lock the doors, and hurt his ears. Take that mufucka! hehe:-)

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1419
You guys are alot more understanding then I am I guess. If I were in Yanks shoes I would fact him on all of the things wrong that he has brainwashed into his little JL mind, and then when he went back to his same ol' BS routine I would jump over the counter and de-toof the stupid fuck.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1086
lol i guess im in the same boat as yanks, i wouldnt wanna start saying stuff cuz, in a way we are all noobs, some more than others, but i know i still have a lot to learn. so i wouldnt wanna look dumb if he got me on somethin hahaha

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5123
i think i will go back when i have it installed and let him know about my little off-brand sub...but i was in a hurry as well so i couldnt stay and argue with him for too long...

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 619
u have a 12 or 15" ssd? and what kind of car is it going into?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1392
That guy is retarded. I can totally respect a guy trying to push the brands that he is paid to sell, or maybe even really believes are some of the best brands around. I mean hey, phoenix gold and JL aren't sony xplod...they make some very nice equipment, but that's not the point here...

when i had my stuff installed the guy was trying to push Alpine HU's on me REAL HARD. But I had already bought my PP 680mp, then he wanted me to buy their amp kit, but i already had my KnuKonceptz kit. But the difference between my guy and yours is when i leveled with him and said "look man i chose my equipment already i just need you to install it", he was like "hey i respect that, lets set up an appointment and get this done".

The fact that the guy at your shop would pass up on your business just because you didn't bow down to his master-level audio knowledge is really stupid... The fact is he probably either A. took it personally and was p!ssed that you wouldn't do what he told you or B. he was genuinely nervous or afraid to install your stuff because they're brands he hasn't dealt with and he doesn't have as much experience as one might assume.

So when you go to another shop, you should expect them to try to push certain brand gear on you, it's their job, i can respect that...but just level with him in a nice way and be like "either we can work something out for you to install the stuff i ALREADY HAVE, or i walk and get someone else to do it".

/rant

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5125
12" ssd and a scion tc

and yea pit, i completly understand what yuor saying and agree...all he wanted to do was have me buy new stuff, he didnt understand that i bought what i bought for a reason. if i wanted a 10" w3, i would have buoght a 10" w3.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5126
...bump

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 443
hey yanks...if you ever come down here in NY to catch the yankees n mets game lemme kno lol

ill hook it up wit you w/o charge :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5128
ill be up there in a month actually

but i dont wanna wait that long cause i got a bet with my friend that ill have it installed before school is over which is 2 weeks from now....but hey whats another one month on top of 7 already lol

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 444
lol...i bet this is the longest month ever yet yanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1315
longest month for me was the one befor i could get my listence

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5129
its certainly not short lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5130
anyone ever heard of Electronics Plus?

it seems like a store which has franchises all over the country but im not sure. just wondering if anyone has experience with them. thats the next store ima go to. they sell some decent stuff so they cant be too bad....but who knows lol

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1428
You would probably be better off going to a "mom and pop" type car audio place Yanks. Reason being is that they usually hire friends that know alot about installs, because they don't want to have any problems later on. Or you could have one of the guys on here that lives near you do it. I think if your dad was there and they showed him their install(s) and explained some stuff during your install he would recognize that they know what they are doing and he would be fine with that.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5137
no one lives near me but killerzrazing

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1430
M.S. is in Philly, how many hours drive is that? He knows his shit and would do a MUCH better job than those kids with 3 weeks of "installer school" under their belts.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5138
good 2-3 hours drive...if someone wants to work something out with me, let me know through this thread, PM, or AIM. id be willing to pay a reasonable price.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1225
J.W. y arnt u doin the install yanks, you seem knowledgeable

Gold Member

Post Number: 6678
His dad won't let him.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5139
dad will not allow it...he thinks i wont be able to do it...he doesnt want me to mess up my stuff or the car

Gold Member

Post Number: 6679
Sux.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5140

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 360
tell him thats the best way to learn and when you do it right then you can be like ha in your face

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5141
he bought the car so i cant say, f-ck it im doing the install, cause then you can say bye to my car. and without my car, i wont have a system....

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2768
If you feel confident in doing it, then take it to a friends house and get it installed. Say that you took it to some place and got it installed, etc etc.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 582
if his dad is this serious about someone doing it professionally then he will probably want to see reciepts and such and ask questions and if something went wrong would want to take it back to the shop...and since his dad is paying for it i mean he might as well jus have it installed...so long as he finds a good place that knows their stuff which there

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2589
Yanks: My offer still stands if you want to make a few hours trip..... I'll AIM you sometime when you're on

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 364
^^ ms is good at that stuff

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 661
sounds like you got a deal goin yanks! have MS install ur sh!t

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5142
ms, hit me on AIM sometime tonite or tomorrow. i cant gurantee that ill be on at all cause i got a soccer game at 530 and then got homework to do afterwords but just IM me anyway and if im there ill respond. i usually have my away message up but IM me anyway

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5144
well i went up to the store today and made an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10am. the guy i talked to who is doing the install seems quite knowledgeable and seems legit. i got the chance to talk with him for about 10-15 minutes about car audio and he seemed like a informed person. also i talked to my friend today who had his system installed there by the same guy and hes had no problems with it so i think itll go good tomorrow.

MS, im sorry im not gonna use you bud. my parents wouldnt let me drive 2-3 hours to philly to get it installed by you. i do appreciate the offer tho

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2604
It's cool, I hope this all works out for you finally.......

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5147
the cars in the shop right now...im pumped

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 584

Gold Member

Post Number: 2977
but I was still first YANKS!lol
but seriously, glad to hear you are finally getting things hooked up.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5149
going to pick it up NOW....let you know what i think about it later at about 8....pics tomorrow

Gold Member

Http://www.realmofexcu..., See my KRAZY... USA

Post Number: 2978
oh, and I just changed things for you...ie look to the left

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 673
bump?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums