15 rl-p vs 12 ssd

Silver Member
Username: Dreamtheater

Post Number: 165
Which one do you think would get louder.. off the same amount of power (1000watts) Rl-p in a sealed enclosure and ssd in a ported.. im sure the SQ would go to the rl-p.. right now i have a sealed rl-p and i dont think the box is big enough ad i cant go bigger.. so i might leave that box and go to a 12 SSD.. what do you think?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 243
Both are great SQ subs. I would add some polyfill to your box first. It will help the enclosure some on efficency.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 235
how big is the current sealed box, and is there any way to fit round ports outside of the box???

Silver Member
Username: Dreamtheater

Post Number: 166
i have to figure out the size of it.. building it i figured there would be close to 3 cu. ft. sealed.. which i thought was enough.. and no i cant fit round port outside of the box

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 238
use poli-fill, ive had 15's in 2 cubic foot boxes with poli fill and they got kinda loud. SQ was amazing.

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 191
Tough call on that one. Around tuning the SSD12 will be louder, but I usually prefer sealed as well... and the SSD wouldnt be able to touch it sealed. Sealed is just much more natural to me... and I tend more towards SQ than output.

But its a shame you cant fit a pair of 4" aeros on it about 16" long... looks like it would bump things in the 30-45 range a good amount with what you have. If more output is the goal, youd be better off... and not spend$$$ doing it.

It looks to me like a very low qts alignment as is. Adding polyfill will only drop it more... and while extending the bottom end output, taking a little more off the mid-top.

Thanks,
Scott
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us