Budget System-"ish" Haha...

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 471
Alright, so now that I have my system in and put in correctly, many people are pretty impressed. A lot of people are now comming up to me and asking if I could do something like that in their car....but they dont wanna spend a grand. So:
I need to try and come up with a system that is about 500 bucks...that is pretty nice quality, because that is the only way i can get teenage kids to come spend money. So...im just starting to look around for lower budget systems that are still nice, but i figured I'd start with this post...

THanks....

and i know i should tell them to save up....but thats not really an option for a lot of these people....

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
More i think about it, I'm thinking I'll do a 1 and 2 sub package. Depending on what they can spend/want. My opening thought is the CVR's on maybe a hifonix or something close...

any suggestions...

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 227
my current system is very loud, mostly because of custom ported box i made. it is alos a budget system i like to show off so people can see its all in the box. trying to sell boxes locally ) but it consists of...

2x Kicker Comp 15" Single 4 ohm subs ( $120 )
1x Ma Audio Hk400D amp ( $ 99 )
1x 4ga amp kit ( $ 30 )
1x Kenwood MP4035 Hedunit ( $139 )
1x DIY box ( $ 25 )

thats about 400bucks if they need a head unit.

its very loud, and cheap

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 422
Mike is hustling the kids...haha go with something that people know about then like kicker. im sure they will love eddy's idea with the 2 15"'s

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 228
lol yeah im sure too. even with a 5-6 cu^ft sealed box for the 2 15's they will get loud. i had a 5cu^ft sealed box in the trunk of a 96 intrepid and it hit really hard.

and if they are short on room do 1x kicker compVR 15 ported on same amp and thry will be pretty happy.

Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 8
Size does matter when your young. Those 15"s will be great. For some reason kids think if its not huge it isn't any good.

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 425
yup when i got my first 15" L7's i thought that they would be loub bc they are 15"'s

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12890
i get that alot these days. people coming up to me and saying "wtf is in your car?!"

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 314
Yea I hope 2 get tht with these new rd's I'm bout 2 cop

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 231
yeah. its true. i got them cause they were cheap. got mine on sale for buy one get one. and never used 15's before so i thought id give them a try. i use to us a 3x 10" system and am currently working on a 3x 12" system right now. hopefully gonna be real loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
Where did you get those deals Eddy?...

and im not trying to jip them:-) Honostly i just want to do as many installs as i can for 2 reasons.
1 i love it....its so much fun! I learn a lot doing it, which is really nice

AND

2) I wanna try and make some money so i can get 2 9512's :-) HAHA!

Im thinking eddy's set up is really a good idea, but for smaller cars where i can prolly only fit 12's with a nice box, maybe i can do the CVR's ? or what do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 326
My friend here had two old Kicker Comp 10" in a prefab sealed "probox" and on a oldschool Rockford Fosgate Punch 500/2a amp. People were very impressed by it and offered alot of money for it for some reason. It doesn't take much for newbie audio teens.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us