Something interesting you might like

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 722
im not sure if anyone cares but when i took my box which has always been facing backwards and put it firing downwards with about 1.75 inches of clearance, my bass got alot, i mean alot louder. just something interesting to ponder about. when i install my rl-p im gonna do some test to see if it firing downward cancels out any fq's

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 578
what? in a trunk? I cant picture downwards, you mean toward the trunk, toward the interior, or up to the top of the trunk, those are the only options in my mind.

Mine are facing up toward the trunk, and I think it works like a hatchback basically and bounces off good for me

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5054
what type of vehicle do you have? placement means alot with our testing we went from 140.6 db to 142.2 db just from placement I think....if not it was settings on the headunit and placement..later on we folded the seats down on one side and got .3 db louder with both sides of the seat down we lost the .3 db we gained (back seat) in a 2006 jeep liberty...so actually we would score 142.5 db with the one side of the seat down

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 723
its in a jeep cherokee, and yes firing into the floor with 1.75 inches of space. my sub now is a little 12 inch polk momo. soon to be replaced with a rl-p. btw its ported tuned to 31hz

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12880
is your box a sealed box?

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 224
i switched my port from up to back in my jeep cherokee sport and it sounded louder up but the acuall pressure level was higher when i switched it to port back. It might sound louder cause there is less back hatch rattle from air pushing down.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 724
im noticing that it cuts off a little higher also

Gold Member

Post Number: 5064
what do you mean it cuts off a little higher....do you mean the volume can go higher because I found that placement with my tangband 6.5s did that ...some placements it was 2 to three clicks lower than normal on the volume before distortion and other placement it returned to the normal volume limit

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 725
i mean like on a song that has A bass sweeps, i think (i mean its hard to tell) but with my sub facing towards the back, the sweep sounds full. when firing downward, the sweep cuts off at like 7/8ths of the way thru. plus i think that it lacks a little sq now, BUT i am listening to my system with my left front speaker missing due to body work

Gold Member

Post Number: 5067
ok gotcha

Bronze Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 60
I have down fired subs in my Wrangler, big big differance compared to shooting into seat. I also found a big differance using a reflector compared to shooting into the floor. alot more BASS was produced. Upload

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2915
i didnt read this all but if nobody mentioned... ports + distance from anything in its way changes tuning, thats probally the most of the factor.. with that little clearance

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 728
what did u use as a reflector. i really want to find out which is better because im not gonna build two boxes for my rl-p. my plans as of now is downward firing for it.

Bronze Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 68
in this jeep it is just 1/4 mdf the stuff with the white vinyl on it. But anything solid should work. Instead of shooting it right into the floor carpet. Before I put the reflector in it seemed like all the noise was coming from the floor board over the gas tank area underneath, lots of rattles and noise hardly any bass. Now it shoots all into the front, you can see in the other post of youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4HdwppAT-I
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us