Will this setup blow my amps??

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 306
I'm bout 2 get e RD elites 1000 RMS and my amps r only 800 RMS by running @ 800 all the time will that max thm out... if so which amp or 2 amps would be good for me and these subs that are cheap I want subs that run @ 2 ohms.. Right now I have 2 audiobahn A8000T amps 800 @ 2 ohms...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4370
those subs wont blow the amps. just make sure you set the gains right and don't think that since you're underpowering them that you can crank the gain to make them "louder" to make up for the underpowering. seen that happen before.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 223
A subs rated RMS is just a setpoint at which the sub will not blow.( should not blow) you can run those Eliets at 100w rms and they will just be very quiet. as for the amp, the rms it puts out is based on your gain setting. and once again if it is pushing its rated rms continously it will not blow, but with 1600wrms total do you have any electrical upgrades. you could drain your battery and clip the amp which is never good. that could cause damage to your system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
Nah so if my battery isn't strong enuf my amps clip y is this? And I dnt understand bcuz I see ppl all the time for example he had a 2500 wat cliff designs amp with 2 comp cliff designs subs and he had 2 caps but he didn't have a h/o alt and his system was fine I've see a couple ppl like tht

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4372
"and his system was fine I've see a couple ppl like tht"

no actually it probably wasn't. caps. mask the need for a ho alt. by stopping the dimming. depending on the alt. you have now you'll need a ho alt., do the big 3, and at least replace the battery under the hood. you might get away with just the big 3 and better battery though. just what ever you do don't get a cap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
Whoops I already have a cap but my lights still dim... u mean a bigger battery under da hood? And I wouldn't know where to get the big 3 done at

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2745
This is the big 3

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152355

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
I kno what the big 3 is I jus dnt kno where 2 get it done at like a shop or something u kno what I'm saying?

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
O I see its d.I.y ok well soon as I run into some 0 guage ill do tht
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us