Need Help with my install

Bronze Member
Username: Strike5858

Post Number: 18
Alright, This is my first install. I am installing 2 12" JL W6v1 woofers. I will be running it with a zapco ref 750.2. I ran a 4 gauge power wire from the battery to the back of my truck. On the other side, I ran the remote and the rca cable. I got a lil confused bc the person who had the truck before me ran speaker wire, wired from the HU area to the back of the cab along with the rca cable and remote. I dont understand why this is done. Can someone help me out with that? Also now that i have the power wire in the cab as well as the rca cable and remote, i just basically plug them in and install a ground correct? Then I can wire the subs from the amp. Hopefully I am getting this right. If im messing up somewhere please let me know. Also what is the best way to wire my subs? The amp is 2 ohm stable and the subs are 6ohm DVC. Please help me out. Thanks alot.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12875
just wire your subs parallel.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2735
watch this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOEsJUidf_0&mode=related&search=

Disconnect your ground from battery before you continue to install your amplifier.

Bronze Member
Username: Strike5858

Post Number: 19
which wiring configuration will get the most out of my subs and amp? I want to run it at 2 ohm stereo, so how should a wire the subs? Again the are 6 ohm DVC. I have no idea how to determine impedence.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us