Questions about install tomorrow

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5080
tomorrow at 10am i have my appointment to get everything installed....ill be in school at this time and my dad will be taking the car and everything to get it all installed. my question is, do you think the installers can figure everything out like wire the sub to 1 ohm or set the gains and everything. cause my dad doesnt know anything about car audio and i dont wanna leave him in a situation where he has to take a guess and be wrong. so i guess ill leave my dad little notes on a piece of paper to refer to if they ask him a question. what shuold i include in my notes to him?

this is also posted on E Fam but Ecoustics gets more people on it and i need to know tonite...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2465
If this is a good shop (i.e. not CC or best buy) they should be able to figure it out.

Besides, how hard is it to rewire sub or set gain yourself if they do it wrong?

The only thing I would tell them is if you want the amplifier mounted in a specific place.

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 159
How you want the subs wired and anything else you can think to include

-Anything you would ask if you was there

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4364
i'd probably leave a note saying what load you'd want it wired at. you never know, they can be dumb. shop around me almost refuses to wire amps down to 1ohm swearing it's bad for it and to never do it and they'll only do it if you almost demand it. but again it's probably just a sales thing to try to sell an amp that'll do the same power at 2ohm instead of 1ohm. and you're getting components put in and not going to be there?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2728
Only thing I can think of is set bass boost to 0, and have them sand down the paint where they are going to ground your ground. Oh, and don't tell them your address, tell your dad that. If they ask for an address, give them a family members addy or a friends.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5081
"Besides, how hard is it to rewire sub or set gain yourself if they do it wrong?"

it wouldnt be hard, just the fact that im paying them around 300 to do it all, they better do what i say and correctly....im not paying them 300 to do a halfass job

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5082
good deal thanks guys

and yea ct, getting the comp installed without me being there....i know its risky but its a risk im gonna take....

and berny, why give a fake address? in case they wanna steal it?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2731
and berny, why give a fake address? in case they wanna steal it?

It can happen. You never know. I don't even invite friends over that I know that would have the potential to steal my equipment. No one knows where I live.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12871
ahhhh tomorow is the day you cash in your so-called "install card". lol.

good luck yanks.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 261
have them install everything but the box, and dont' let them touch the gains...u can do that at home or.........wire the box b4 u take it in^

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2837
I would of installed it for 20$..... your loss

lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5083
killa, if you were close to me, i would have let you done it....hell if anyone was close to me i would have let them done it....honestly, im skeptical aobut letting them do it but im hoping for the best

and chad, install cards ftw lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us