P G octane r + mb quart 15= blown... why

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 509
well i alredy posted about the mb quart but i sent it back n geting another so i need to know wat i did wrong... this amp says its only 1 channel but has 2... 2 + and 2 -. so i got 1 mb quart 15 dual 4 ohm... i asked prior to hooking it up on ehre how to wire it to this crazy amp... someone told me take each pos and each neg from sub and hook them into each pos n neg to amp... so i did, that wuld give it a 2 ohm load.. but my question is why did i fry my sub if this amp is rated 750 rms, and the amp is 800 rms... by wiring it like i did did i give it more of a 1.5 - 1.7 load? becuz more wire flow, so i get less resistance , or is this amp just way underrated?

And P.S , anyone wanna buy this new mb quart im getting? will b new in box, 210 shipped.

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 510
up please ^

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4942
that amp its not very but its well underated like the xenon 1200 it was benched for like 1600rms... and that amp its 2 ohm stable for 750 rms but its audnerated but dude that 210 shipped its alil expensive for that kind of woofer u should got the 200 bucks credit and get someting else

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 511
ya i figure it was to expensive after i posted it... i called them today, he said since "i dint break the sub in its kind my fault" and most likely i cant get credit back, ill get a new sub... does breaking the sub in have anything to do with the thing frying on me? from my understanding breaking in is loosing the sub up n just makes it a bit louder? and i wanted my 200 credit back so i can get a ssd 15"

Bronze Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 68
breaking in the sub= playing it for many many hours so it can get soft and handle loud music playing excursions w/o overheating/blowing your coils cuzz what you had is still new.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1383
that sub shoulda taken it for real i have had this MB quart sub for what hmmm 3 years now n its still kikin glad i kept cuz i burnt my tres tinsell leads up LOL

1000rms from a Mb quart sub n breakin it in wouldnt have caused u to blow it prolly just bad signal "Clipped"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1384
well just use one connestion on tha amp tha mb subs have little metal jumper that can connect each vc together...... then u take one of those wires n put them to just one set of amp terminala

Gold Member

Post Number: 1385
well just use one connestion on tha amp tha mb subs have little metal jumper that can connect each vc together...... then u take one of those wires n put them to just one set of amp terminala

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 512
ya i seen that on the sub,t hats pretty cool i like it... but i just thought it wuld be better to run all 4 wires to it instead of 2... but iguess i just gave it more flow then it could take... i took the sub out (b4 i fried it) to paint my box... and the dam magnet was skolding hot, andi played it for about 10-15 mins.... max watt cant blow a sub can it?

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 522
Well i think their gona end up sending me a new sub... wats the best way to break it in, im not gona take any chances... im thinkin about hookin it up to a home stereo and just put a bass song on repeat, for hours, any suggestions?

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 531
bump

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4380
im willing to bet you were clipping the sh;t out of it.

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 533
clipping the sub? i thought u can only clip the amp? zz plz someone explain

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1535
the amp "sends clipped signals" to the sub(s) if its out of tune.

clipped signals heat up voice coils alot faster than normal...

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 534
well, guess that was my problem... for sure. so is that just the gain? or is it the combonation of everything, gain, low freq, and subsonic?

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 540
bump

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 547
^

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 325
You need to set your gain correctly, that will prevent clipping
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us