Chad or anyone that knows about the Epicenter

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 880
Ive got a couple questions about my Epicenter

First
If both the wide and sweep knops are turned all the way down will this bypass the Epicenter? Im wondering because i wanted to hear my sub first without it,then with it.

And second
I was reading the manual and it said that the Epicenter needs a full range signal. Im guessing this means I have to plug the rcas in a differant output on my HU then the sub out,like the front or rear output right? But if i do that then it will defeat the purpose of the sub level eq on my HU,will i not need it? Or can i still just use the sub out outputs with the Epicenter and it still work?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12860
first........no it won't bi-pass it. also you need to get the bass knob to get the full effect of the epicenter.

second......you don't really need full range. if the subs are connected to the sub output from the hu then set the lpf to around 150hz. then on your amp set it to around 80-90hz.

Silver Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 881
Ok thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2451
Twist, did you buy one of those already or just thinking about it. I recommend you save your money.

It is just a processor that takes the midbass and drops it down to bass frequencies so it plays on your subs, in other words alters the music form the way it was meant to be heard. If your system has inadequate midbass, it may be appealing at first. Most systems do lack midbass BTW, mostly due to people either running stock speakers, or just sticking their aftermarket speakers in their doors without a proper enclosure. You will be happier in the long run if you focus on getting your entire system sounding good.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12867
well he has it already. he bought mine a few weeks ago.

also alot of competitors in bassrace use the epicenter. example, mr ho problems.

M.S. no offense but have you tried the epicenter on your system?

Silver Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 884
I dont have my new sub installed yet but in my other systems it has always seemed like i was missing out on alot of midbass. Problly b/c like you said,i was running stock door speakers. But i think ill be happy with the Epicenter if not i can always sell it. I just wanted to try one out.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2459
Chad:

I have not tried an epiccenter on my system, but have heard it on other systems. It improves the sound of systems that lack midbass, but does it in a way that is IMO "cheating". I have never seen one in use on an SQ system, or any system properly designed to play a flat frequency response, as all systems should (keyword "should", the fact is most don't).

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12869
fair enough.

honestly i took my epicenter out. the box that was built for me sounded so good blending in i felt i didn't need it anymore. so you can say i am not cheating anymore. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 263
u wanna sell that last epicenter u have Chad?

Silver Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 886
I dont think Chad has anymore Epicenters. I could be wrong tho.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12877
no more epicenters. lol. sold them all.

i am selling a audiocontrol eqx on ebay right now. its up to $71 with 2 days left.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us