Almost no bass what so ever?????

Bronze Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 64
so i switched my infinity amp for a alpine m850. now i switched to 2, 12's at 4 ohm dual voice coil. i set the gain correctly and i'm cranking my radio near max to get the woofers to kick in. what the hell is goin on? the woofers total are 600 rms the amp 500 at 4 ohms. so i decided i'd try my 10's at 250 rms a piece a total of 500 figureing i'd be getting a more balenced choice but i get same results. is the gain to low??? i really rather use my 10's i know with my truck and old amp that was a dual at 200 rms i was able to rock these woofers to hell. these are new woofers from those but same specs. so what options do i have. cause i can return my 12's and keep my 10's and get my money back but i still want decentamount of bass.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4791
ok so the rms total of the two subs is 600 so 300 each. since they dual 4 ohm coils you can ONLY wire to a 1 or 4 ohm load..

your amp:

500 WATTS RMS X 1 AT 4 OHMS
800 WATTS RMS X 1 AT 2 OHMS

and you are wiring to a 4 ohms load correct?

also, what woofers do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
i got i figured ouit i apperciate everyones help, thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4794
what was the problem?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
it's a funny thing, i never found out. they found another version of my infinity 611a amp as a floor model, it just sat there never really used so i returned the alpine and got my old model back and on top of that it was cleranced so i got 200 bucks back. and my job just laid me off so it's 200 bucks less to worry about. and the distortion i heard with the old amp is gone with the new one. so everything worked out pretty well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us