Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 434
i have a hifonics brutis 2005d amp
4 ohms @ 650 rms
2 Ohms @ 1300 rms
1 ohm @ 2000 rms
but have no electrical up grades my sub died so im looking for a new one ive only have about 150 to spend including shipping and has to be 12" i was looking at this one let me know what you think
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9185_Power+Acoustik+PW3-12H.html#

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 764
Ok, you probably blew last sub from clipping. If you run that sub at 1 ohmon tha amp, you will waste another $100. Look for a D4 sub and run amp at 2 ohms since no electrical upgrades. What kind of car do you have?

Kevin

PS: You don't want that sub

Username: Mrogowski

Post Number: 9
Hi Thomas,

You might consider getting a Type R. They can handle a fair bit of power and sound pretty good for the price. I noticed that the Type R is selling under your price range at that site. You may even get one cheaper elsewhere.

Best,
Mark

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2447
You're going to need more than $100 to get a sub that handles that amount of power.

But a Type R or an Audioque SD2.5 would be good if you don't mind only using a portion of your amp's power.

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 435
i have an 03 sanoma but was running it a 4 ohms for 1 1/2 years it was an old rockford but my chick want to put an explod in there i told her over my dead body that sh!t was never going in

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 436
bump

any other choices

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2729
You only want one sub right? If so, I recommend you save some more money.

If you would like to have two subs in the future, a type R is a good choice. Get a dual 4, wire it to two ohms and turn your gain down so that it doesn't receive full potential from your amplifier. And then when your ready, get another one and wire them both down to 1ohm.

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 437
yea just one for now but i eventualy want some treos and build a big box in the back of the cab but the only type r's ive seen are like 400-500 rms wouldnt i kill the thing giving it 13000 rms

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 438
b u m p

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 262
no cuz if u wire the R at a 2ohm load, you'll only really see about 950watts rms, and the R's can take close to that. just keep ur gain down like Berny said.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2831
You can throw 2K on a R, it will take it. Honestly that amp won't put that out, probably not even close they are seriously overated and without 14.4V you'll be lucky to get 1300 rms you would probably get away with stock elec, lol. Polo.

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 439
should i get the dual 2 ohm insted of the dual 4

Bronze Member
Username: Mrogowski

Post Number: 23
As mentioned, the Type R can handle *alot* of power. If you are certain your amp is stable to 1 Ohm, get the dual 2 config and adjust your gains accordingly.

Best,
Mark
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us