Kingrob

Silver Member
Username: Fatkid

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 209
can you make me box plans for this sub.iwant a sql box more on the spl side the max dim. 20" tall by 39"wide by 20" deep thanks

http://www.mach5audio.com/product_info.php?cPath=48&products_id=38&osCsid=0869d8 8d0215efa9a55de9ad697ba96b

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4935
got email... ummm aim??? cuz i can do a ramndom box... but to be better i need yoru car model number ummm wat tunning would you like... and umm wat type of ports ( flared slot ported, flared round ports, or the regular slot ported)

plus the design of the box depends on the vehicle

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4787
are you designing boxes now kingrob? -- what proggy do ya use?

and yea, i'll help ya out too if you want, what car it is (SUV or sedan etc) and what kind of port you would like.

that sub isnt too high powered,not sure about quality either, just very large, so what tuning would you like you have 84? cause either way, ur not gonna have very good sq

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4790
im not sure what kind of dispacement that woofer has tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 4936
designing boxes??? well not for profit or nuttin like that but i made some kick @ss designs that i can tweak them to work in diferent cars and will work wonders :-) programs??? well i first i get the woofers t/s parameters and load it up to 3 programs to see wat kind of space do the sub like from the 3 programs ig et the average space that the sub wants.. then i get the cb ft. and find the best shape of the rectangle from yoru dimensions for better air flow.. at the end well the tunning with your choise of ports.. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mrogowski

Post Number: 20
Folks who thought the same thing(s) and listened to them walk away very impressed...

"that sub isnt too high powered,not sure about quality either, just very large, so what tuning would you like you have 84? cause either way, ur not gonna have very good sq"

Interesting. What made you come to these conclusions?

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 210
ya i have yahoo mail its towncarbass@yahoo.com the car is a 1984 lincoln towncar. i want the tuning at mid 30's what ever is the best. its a sedan. with a regular slot port

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 214
bump

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 215
bump for an answer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
84, if you have no luck, email me - sales@mach5audio.com

Best,
Mark

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4793
i came to that conclusion because its a cheap azz sub and its 18". you think your gonna get great sq? no... i mean, its 75 bucks :0

and rob, i meant what programs you use, lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30

Its stuff like this that reaffirms what I posted in the other thread. Its a stigma I tell ya...

Ok, so to get this straight, because it is $75 automatically means it is cheap azz and has crappy sound quality.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4795
no, im saying its not gonna be a sq oriented sub, lol. im not sure of many 18" subs that would have great sq. im not sure on the quaity of the sub either. prob. because i have been out of thr car audio loop for a lil while. but personally, i wouldnt waste time on something like that.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4796
you get what you pay for in car audio, and a sub thats 75 bux, and 18" and your saying has good sound quality is a joke. you prolly work for them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Aw c'mon man, tell me you're above all this. Take a step back and open your mind for a second...

Yes, you are correct, not only do I work for Mach 5, I *am* Mach 5. I do this next-to-non-profit which is why the pricing is how it is.

The MJ-18 made a massive splash in the IB world - folks couldn't believe what they were hearing when they set them up. Heck, it even surprised me!

Slowly, the car audio folks caught wind of them, and those who purchased are not dissatisfied with what they received. I can't seem to find the (unbiased) review from Snoopdan, but I'm sure if you shoot him a pm he'll send you the link.

Anyway, the MJ-18 is almost two years old, and the new IXL is coming in which has made yet another splash in the IB world.

But as I said in the other thread, don't take my word for it.

Best,
Mark

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 241
Bassman, don't make statements or claims about a sub you have never heard. As I said in the other topic, I did not believe the MJ was going to be all that great UNTIL I LISTENED TO IT AND MAKE A CONCLUSION ON MY OWN. It is a very good SQ sub, has solid out put and does not need a massive box.

Does the MJ-18 take 2000 watts? No never was designed or meant to or claimed to.

It really makes me sick to see people say negative remarks about product they have never heard or seen in person. It happens a great deal on here and on CA.com. This type of ignorance hurts the entire community.

Username: Breakdown

Post Number: 10
i think i understand this forum now.

it is fair to make assumptions that mach5 sucks without hearing them, the same way it is fair to assume that RD Audio is the greatest evre without hearing them

read some reviews on the mach stuff you dummies

Gold Member

Post Number: 4947
yto caddy i aint got yahhoo man.. i got aim tho...

zpeedyrosalez
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us