RD audio

Silver Member
Username: Jester_king

Post Number: 111
ok both these woofers will be ported, and be on a sundown SAZ1500D amp, either the RD sonance or the classic, both will be 15"s

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2827
and...?

Silver Member
Username: Jester_king

Post Number: 112
lol, which would be better, better sql

Username: Devildriver

Post Number: 6
Not sure I would want either. There would be much better options available for what you're looking for.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1068
how could u say thast? hxc audio .. have u heard either of those woofers?

the only people on this forum that can answer this are Kevin Holden or Showrides (Ben)

Post Number: 8
In my opinion, an "SQL" driver will have a strong bottom end with the high excursion to do so. Neither of those drivers would be my choice for that application.

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 180
yea talk to one of them at low-hz

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 758
hxc has no clue. For your application either would be nice. The Sonance will have more x-max than the Classic, but the Classic has GREAT Sq as well. I actually run the Classics myself, and IMO, the SQ is comparable to the W6 and other high end SQ woofers. If running the Classics you will need to watch your gains on that amp. If you go with the Sonance you can make due with all power given by the 1500D. The Sonance has great SQ and designed for low freq as well. IMO, with my experience with the woofers and that amp, go with the Sonance.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
"hxc has no clue. For your application either would be nice. The Sonance will have more x-max than the Classic, but the Classic has GREAT Sq as well. I actually run the Classics myself, and IMO, the SQ is comparable to the W6 and other high end SQ woofers. If running the Classics you will need to watch your gains on that amp. If you go with the Sonance you can make due with all power given by the 1500D. The Sonance has great SQ and designed for low freq as well. IMO, with my experience with the woofers and that amp, go with the Sonance"

Comical at best.

Yeah, an SJA product that is on par with the W6V2. Very likely!

Again, for the price, there are better options for what you're looking for. High efficiency, small box drivers are not good for low frequency output; that's Hoffman's Iron Law and simply cannot be beat.

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 760
Well this is how the real world works. You buy product. You play with it. THEN and only THEN can speak about the product. You know nothing about RD, never seen or heard the product. Go back to the forum you came from. If you havn't noticed, you and your bunch are not welcome over here. Don't make me call the E-thugs :-)

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
"Well this is how the real world works. You buy product. You play with it. THEN and only THEN can speak about the product. You know nothing about RD, never seen or heard the product. Go back to the forum you came from. If you havn't noticed, you and your bunch are not welcome over here. Don't make me call the E-thugs "

That's all this forum is: a bunch of e-thugs being led blindly by a fool trying to cram product down their throats.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1163
your neil right? ive seen you on other forums before, your a very intelliginet guy. This forum is definetly not a bunch of e-thugs for sure. if you want e-thugs go to ROE or CA

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2607
"That's all this forum is: a bunch of e-thugs being led blindly by a fool trying to cram product down their throats."

You hit the nail right on the thumb of your own hand.If you don't like Ecoustics then leave.I don't think any good has came out of you being here.I myself have been a jackass at times but I help people out more than being an a s shole.Nobody is forcing you to post or hang around hXc,by they way have you actually tested RD products?

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 765
Nice, now we are name calling.

Ryan, just hit me up on yahoo when you get in bud. Sorry your thread went down the drain.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 1105
"That's all this forum is: a bunch of e-thugs being led blindly by a fool trying to cram product down their throats."

i hear ya man, it happens on caraudio.com too and saw a lil confilction there once also with lowhz.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4262
efficient small box drivers are not good for low end.... then a SI mag has no low end??? not true.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4265
efficient small box drivers are not good for low end.... then a SI mag has no low end??? not true.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 583

lol where did you get e-thugs from? Please include quotes.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1142
I agree with Trevor. Efficient small box drivers can have great low end. Take a look at the soundsplinter Rl-p. I had a 15 in a 2.5 cuft ported box and it got low, and IMO thats a pretty small box for a 15.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1143
Hmm, Didnt bump for me.

Username: Breakdown

Post Number: 9
88-89dB at 1w/1m is not incredibly efficient for a 15" sub. the rl-p and mag are well designed to not haev any ourtrageous defficiencies and not be ground breaking in other areas. they sound good, are relatively efficient, require average box sizes, and have good low end.

don't think you guys are enginneers and can't prove hoffmann's iron law wrong

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 642
I never look at efficiency ratings put out by companies. I have owned subs between 87 and probably 94 db's at 1w/1m and I haven't noticed any correlation between power and output.

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 350
Has ne1 heard the rd elite I wana kno what's in store for me lol... can't wait

Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 4
Classics will sound great in a small box or large box. They go very low. The reviews we have out there on the net and dealer feedback states they are very clean in a small sealed box in a ported box they go low and have great output while still having great SQ. But the problem will be power handling. The Classic 15" is 600 watts RMS. The Sonance would fit your needs better. They can go in mid size ported enclosures. You can tune them as low as you want. The 15" will handle 750 to 800 RMS. They were designed to be low frequency subwoofers and have a ton of excursion. Whatever subwoofer you want we will design you a box to meet your needs. Just ask Kevin or Ben or you can send an email to revolutiondaudio@yahoo.com with the LxWxH you want to use and were you want it tuned. Please include a brief summary on what kind of music you listen to and a general idea of what you are using them for and what kind of vehicle.

LOL, our subwoofers are assembled at SJA but the parts we use and our designs are our own. When we first built our subwoofers we used a SJA back plate. Now we have tooled a few new ones and are switching them over as we go. SQ is one of our strengths. Some people find it easy to hate on someone or something. It is like a disease for them. They are the ones driving a beater and see a escalade on 26" rims and custom paint and turn to their friend and say that is weak mine is going be better. Or hear a system ten times better than theirs and make comments under their breath to their friends about how they heard better and how weak it is instead of speaking the truth and giving props}. My suggestion on how to deal with these people is too brush them off your shoulder }}and pop your collar.}
}}

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2686
"these people is too brush them off your shoulder }}and pop your collar.}
}}"

Whenever I pop my collar girls fix it for me and say it looks dumb :-(

Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 5
Pop your collar = take your index finger and thumb and grab your shirt between your neck and shoulder and pick it up a couple inches and let go. after you brush your shouder off.
LOL

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 912
Steve Miller when are you gonna put out a new cd?

"Im a joker,im a smoker,im a midnight toker"

lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us