Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 456
Dont buy any gas on Tuesday May 15th.

Thank you and have a great day!!!

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1791
A gas boycott will do nothing if we all refuse to buy on a day like that...we will in turn hurt ourselves b/c then the followin day the company will get waaaaaayyyyyyy more business than any other day b/c soooo many ppl will b in need of gas. All they'll have to do is raise it about $.10 and we'll all regret it. Instead of that y not boycott I particular company, such as Exxon, and buy from all the others...in which case Exxon would hav to bring their prices down to bring back customers...

BTW, I took that from a chain letter thats been goin around lol.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 575
haha i have to get gas tomoro or i wont be able to go anywhere

but good call on seperating out a particular company

but i dont think people will be able to do anything about the gas...might as well just suck it up and pay the price and use it conservitively

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2437
^^^^^ Jordan pretty much hit it right on, these things a dumb as sh!t

But gas price are ridiculous. It $3 / gallon here, and my SUV gets about 14 mpg

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 576
i feel ya MS...i love my mustang but V8's on gas ftl

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1312
Yeah I was gonna say that jordan. i got the email too. Gas is 3 dollars here and I get 10 mpg so I'm about to get a new truck... If I could get 18-20 I would be in heaven...

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1793
I actualy thougth bout gettn a Geo metro or sum small a55 car like a VW Rabbit and jus drivin it to work and long drives to save gas. It'd pay for itself in 2 months...gas is 2.99 here. 72 VW Rabbit, Diesel, gets 42mpg :-):-):-) 18" DD and itd double as a comp vehicle lol.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2430
Think about the big trucks and large heavy vehicles that get like 1 MPG or a little more!

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 457
It happened in 1997, people boycotted gas for one day and it dropped like 30 cents overnight. So just something to think about...

Im not the person who started this, i heard it from my girlfriend, i think everyone on MYSpace is gonna do it. Shiit just try not to drive alot tomorrow or something.

I understand that they are probably just gonna make back the money the day after, i have thought about that but what other option do we have.

I guess just bend over and take it hot...lol

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 711
Gas here is about $4.7CAD per gallon. My truck gets about roughly 12mpg. It hurts SO bad. :-(

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1371
A much better idea would be to convince everyone to not use gas for a day rather that not buy it on that particular day...or better yet people should just stop being so damn lazy, invest in a bike, longboard, some cozy walking shoes, or w/e is most comfortable for you and use it as transportation to places within reasonable distance.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 347
man dave chappelle's standups are so good. "next time you see that sunny-d commercial watch the black kid in the back. he be like 'i want that purple stuff'".

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1372
"Ni@#$ what the phuck is juice?! I want some drank!"

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1797
cam - very very very OT....Im not sure where that came from...but Dave Chappelle is the man.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1140
3.14 here I filled up today and it cost me 45 bucks. Thats the most I have ever paid to fill it up. Ive got a mercury sable and got like 18 mpg on the last tank.

Username: Lakoda

Bozeman , MT U.S.

Post Number: 6
wow. yea this whole gas price thing is such a bad way to get funding for the war. at least that's what i think.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 757
I have started last yar on my boycott. i don't buy from Chevron or Exxon Mobile. I actually pushed my old mustang pass a chevron to a BP. I'm true to the game haha. If you choose 2 companies to not buy from, it will cause a price war. it will hurt so much worse in the long run of everyone did it. Or I'll start making moonshine hehe

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 177
i think they are just trying to see how many ppl will do it for one day and then next time dont use gas for two days then three you know

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 630
Exxon and shell have little to do with gas prices. They just distribute the gas to us. It would be much better to be against something like say OPEC.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 631
Currently, gas is something we all need so we all will basically spend even more than we are spending now to get it. To make gas prices go down, we should do something else to get rid of this need. Like brew your own ethanol or something. We don't need to put a band-aid on the problem. We need to find a renewable energy source.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1335
You guys got it easy... I payed $3.57 yesterday. I agree gas boycotts don't do much good but it is better than not doing anything.

Now on the other hand... if we killed one or two CEO's of major oil companies, THAT would get their attention in a fucking hurry.

Upload

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1799
Vegetable oil FTW.

BTW I wrote a 10page semester report 2 weeks ago over Biodiesel. Hemp is over 100% more economical to use than corn or soybeans to produce biodiesel. If they were to take 6% of unused american land and make it into hemp fields they would b able to produce enuf biodiesel to fuel our entire economy demands for a year, per harvest. This means we would reproduce enuf gas for ourselves yearly...renewable things are cheaper...and it burns the same as gas....only is 99.9% pollution free.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2821
I heard it went down like 40cents in a day last time ENOUGH people actually did this... i filled my tank last night so i dont even have to worry.... thats what the smart people that know about this are doing..... so they dont have to get gas the day after... but knowing my gas cunsumption rate.... im filling it again lol

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6563
$3.89/gallon. Sad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2822
tell me about it man, im already upto 500$ or so a WEEK on gas again... i might have to wait longer to get my new amp now, im thinking about just buying a rocket or somthing and work on the sounds over the winter... since i'm not driving that gas guzzling bish everywhere at these prices

Gold Member

Post Number: 2823
Brad gots the right idea... go protest on the oil companys and start start a mad riot and jsut fu<k everyone in sight up.... they well relize how pissed people are becoming over these outragous prices... if they want to make gas prices go up this fu<kin fast.... they better be making my paychecks go up even faster its fu<king BS!!!!! FU<KING BUSH AND OIL COMPANYS!!!!!!!! You know they only pay like 20$ for a 50Gal barrel... so much profit they rap3 us of..

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7322
Gas is like 3.39 here.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 561
Its expensive as phuck here especially putting in premium.. They did this a few years back and the next day gas dropped 30cents. Its worth a shot I have 1/4 tank left lol but I'm gonna wait.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1517
Ha ha. I'm in London and it's $8 / Gal.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1518
Killa what does that have to do with Bush? Please explain.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4360
yeah jordan biodiesel FTW im getting a truck later this summer hopefully.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12846
killa is just talking out of his azz.

if george bush can run again, i'd vote for him.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 179
that is a good one chad but killa is talking about bush haveing his hands in the oil companys and the fact that he is makeing money off oil all the time dont know if he is makeing more cuz the price is up but he has money in the oil bis and big money at that

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12848
don't get all political and serious bumpndatrunk. i am just messin with killa and he knows it.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6214
London has no choice cause they don't produce oil. Canada on the other hand produces 80% to 90% of the oil we use. However, those same greedy oil companies will charge as much if not more than the prices in the states. How do you explain that? It's pure greed in Canada.
What's so tiring is, they complain about oil shortage in the world, and yet they are against anything that uses less gas.
The politicians really need to stop taking money from the oil companies and do something good for the consumers for a change.
If you can, don't buy gas today. They may laugh at the attempt, but the bottom line is, it'll be one day out of 365, when they won't be able to take a bath in money.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 183
dont get all polictal and serioos bumpndatrunk

not at all chad i look up to man lucas asked what all of this hade to do with bill

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 570
my tanks empty, I have to fill up today or I cant sell weed....

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12849
ah my bad man. :-)

nate you're an azz.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2830
War..... prices higher.... does that make enough sense? He pissed alot of them off...

Silver Member

Post Number: 565
"if george bush can run again, i'd vote for him."
I agree 110% Percent!!

"Canada on the other hand produces 80% to 90% of the oil we use"
Uhh.. lol thats not true at all.. The majority of our oil if from the mideast. If it wasnt for Al Gore and PETA, we could be drilling in the Alaskan Wildlife Refuge and be more than well off.. Phucking selfish politions won't sacfifice a phucking penguin for those $3.30+ gas prices...

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12862
john, isaac is from canada so when he says "we use" i think he means the canadians.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12863
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
oh I must have misread something, I apologize issac and thanks for clearing that up Chad, I thought he meant US ^^

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1520
Truth is oil prices are high all over the world. The States has some of the lowest prices in the world. This is probably Bush's fault. He does have money in oil. That is because he is a smart investor.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4939
dude my trucks gets about 5 miles per gallon no joke... cant even drive btu hey im gettin a dodge charger 28 miles per gallo hghway its cool thing

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2453
It's Tuesday May 15th and I bought gas today

One thing I'd like to point out:

Oil supply and gasoline supply are NOT the same thing. There is more than enough oil for the entire world. The problem is NOT a shortage of oil like we had in 1979. Oil has to be refined into gasoline, and this country does not have enough refineries to meet demand. The reason? Oil companies make more profit when prices are high, so they are not in any hurry to spend millions of dollars on new refineries. And even if they did, the environmentalists oppose the construction of any more refineries b/c they are harmful to the environment. So, the result is gasoline costing $3 a gallon.

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 577
didnt fill up but i put $30 in my car today...i had a lot of places to go today so i had to...but it looks like ima be finding rides as much as possible:-)

btw $2.95 at the station i went to

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1345
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8N0VRD80&show_article=1

Gold Member

Post Number: 6571
A tad OT but solar is where we're heading. I read that if you tally all the $$ we've spent on the war we could've built enough wind generators/solar panel arrays to power enough to make a real difference. All those casualties and $$ on the war lost, forever. We need to look toward alternative energy....now!

I have a small solar setup myself I play with. Sun powers the panels during the day charging batts, I can use the power through inverters at night to run my big screen for 3 hours. Free power fellas. Soon we'll all be "looking up" for power.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2464
Paul, do you know how expensive it would be to build DC to AC transformers (solar panels produce DC) large enough to run a house? That's part of the reason solar power isn't more widespread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6576
Actually it's the cost of the panels. If you're running "Grid tie" you need a reverse meter capable of monitoring the power you use as opposed to the power you supply. You can actually make money off you're system. A decent Xantrex inverter will set you back some $$ but by far the main investment is in the panels. At $750/pc for a 200w panel, needing 15-20 of them to power you're house, is by far the jewel of the system. Off grid systems will utilize a battery bank and that can get pricey. I tinker around with only enough juice to have fun/get an education in solar power. Fun as heck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6577
Here's my small setup showing the 6 12v batts giving me 240ahr's charged by my panels. The batts are connected to a meter that monitors the battery's voltage and charge status. Meter alone was $240. I've replaced the 2000w inverter with a much better Xantrex model which I love. This tiny system cost me about a grand to put together but has taught me wonders in solar energy. Did you know on a sunny day the sun produces 1000w of power per sqare meter on the earth's surface? Think about the possibilites.

Battery Bank.JPG

Silver Member

Post Number: 574
Paul your crazy, the sun isnt that big.. Come on, lets be realistic now ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us