Massive audio RS 100

Username: Khae

Post Number: 1
Is the amp massive audio rs 100 2 ohm stable? because i wanna run my single s15l7 06 model with it through 2 ohms right now its at 4 ohms and its in a sealed box. any recomendtions? on box or so on... i was thinking of building my own ported box for it and making it out of fiberboard......
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 712
Medium Density Fiberboard would be sufficient. What voice voil configuration do you have?

I'm not sure about the RS 100. Perhaps someone else will know.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2718
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Massive_Audio_RS-100/

Do not run that amp at 2ohms bridged. Your getting about 1000rms @ 4ohms right now. Thats the best you can do. Build a ported box and that should satisfy you for awhile. Nice amp man.

Post Number: 4
how would i build a ported box? i never built a box b4 got ne advice tips or a design for me? its wired at dual 4 right now... would it be better if i got a differnt amp later on thats 2 ohm stable?

Post Number: 5
my amp came with 2x 40 amp fuse and on the web site that bernymac should me it says 2x 30 amp should i change it to 30 amp? or keep it like this? i've had it for a few days and it seems to be fine just seems like not putting out enough watts to my l7.... or maybe because its in a sealed box? and i need to get a ported box for it?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2722
Yeah, you should definitely go ported. I don't know the RMS on that sub, but your giving it good power. Make sure you have all your settings right on your amp and headunit. Logan can build you a ported box for 1 sub for under 100 I believe. Keep that amp, if you do want to change amps, get a kicker kx or zx 1200. But yes, go ported.

Post Number: 6
its a 1000 watt rms 2000 peak..... how much would it be including shippping?? if he builds it for me and does he got the pics of it of what it will look like??

Post Number: 7
if i do get a kicker amp would the kicker zx750.1 be good or should i go wit the 1000.1? and are the manufactures refurbusihed any goood?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2724
The kicker zx750.1 would be good. I just found out that the RS 100 only does 750rms at 14.4volts. It doesn't do anywhere near 1000rms unless it was given more voltage. A kicker 750.1 would do close to 1000rms, but you will barely notice it. I would first get a box made by logan, and then decide if another amp is necessary or not.

Post Number: 8
aye when i call the homedpot i asked them for fiberboard and they didnt know what it is.... so how should i ask for it??

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2730
You want to make your own box? shouldn't be hard. But I recommend that you use MDF. Its stronger than fiberboard. Have someone on ecoustics make you a plan and get the cuts done by home depot unless you have your own circle saw. Then its just glue, predrill, and screw from there.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1524
its so hard to tell people how easy it is to build a speaker box... :-(

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1525
nevermind... i actually just skimmed through this thread and thought the thread starter didnt want to try to build his own box.

smack me...

Post Number: 9
lol ita kooo

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 720
MDF is Fiberboard.

Medium
Density
Fiberboard

Just ask Home Depot for MDF, they do have it as I have bought from them before.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2738
Got it mixed up with partical board.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2847
MDF is what they will probaly know the wood by, most of the people that work at places like that dont know lol. Its in the system as MDF to, but you want to get it by the sheets 96x49inchs i think they are.. only like 20$ a sheet.. 1 sub... you can prolly get away with 1 sheet..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yeah i just went to homedpot and bought some n have them cut it already all i gotta do is just cut out a whole for the sub and do some minor cutting and then glue n screw!! ill post up pic when i get done with it also the progress of it too

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2756
who gave you a design? and do you know what size to cut the hole. I'm sure kicker gave you some measurements and stuff. I think the corners are suppose to be rounded and not sharp. good luck, post pics.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
aite here some pics.... i already glued n screw the 5 piece togehter that my sub is sitting on... waiting for it to dry so i can put all of it in tmr when i get home from work.. i thought of the desing my self... and the cut hole size i got it from my old box i just use that measurement and the box size all of it is about 3.4 cubic foot its about 14 inches deep total and 20.5 inches high and 30 inches long i made it so it would have to ports instead of one and the sub would be right in the middle of it instead of having the sub on one side and a hole on the other so i just made each side have a hole and from the sub to the hole is about 6.25 inches apart and from the sub to the bottom is about 2-3 inches around there i for got lol... and the hole is about 2 inches wide on each side and the back is about 1.75 inches away from the back of the box.. cant wait till what it sounds like!!!! and imma carpet it later once everything is all done.. which probably goin to be about a week or so... most is two weeks heres a two pics of the box an the sub which i took earlier....i did my volume according the my sub spec which is for port about 3-6 cubic foot

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
oops pics didnt show up.... here i try again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i used carpenters wood glue and some wood screws for it.... i went out an bought a sheet of MDF for like 24 and told them to cut it up for me so they did all expect for the whole for the sub so i did that myself.... so all was bascially less then 40....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
oh and here the amp i use to power it... its the massive audio rs 100Upload

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2757
well. how did you know how to design it haha. how do you know what its tuned to.....we'll, hope it works out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
hahaha iono guesstimate? lolz well i just glued it n screwd it together ill find out tmr if it sounds good or not hahaha well here wut it looks without the top piece...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
it kinda cracked on me the wood... just the two center piece though good thing it wasnt the other ones... how u think i do for my first speaker box ever???

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2760
Lets just hope it works haha. Make sure your port is even thoughout. You'll do better on your second box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
haha yeah it works... i just put it in.... haha n hooked it up to a home stero havent put it in a car yet gonan wait till it drys all the wayy u got aim by any chance or any messenger??

Username: Brado6

Post Number: 1
can anyone help me?. i have a 1300 watt subwoofer running off a 480 wat amp. i want to add another subwoofer and amp to my car the amp is also 408 wat and the subwoofer is also 1300 watt how the hell do i wire these up ? ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us