Box Build

Bronze Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 64
I copied and pasted this from cajunkyard.com. Thought you guys might want to see it as well....

Chris came up with another insane design for me to work on. It will not be like anything you have ever seen from me. Im trying something new with it. Chris talked me into trying out the flared port. BUT, :naughty: he also asked me to take it to the next level. However, we are going to keep that a secret until the box is finished. He wanted to add a little more of a "flare" to it, I guess. LOL.
All I can say, is I have never seen a box like this before, so it should be something a little different for everyone to see.
It might be a tough one, but Im ready for it. Hopefully I will get going on it tomorrow night, so it should be finished by this weekend. Ill definitely post pics of the finished box.

This project is well underway. After getting all the cuts figured out, spacing, and placement, we are ready to roll. I dont want to give away the whole idea yet, but here are a few teaser pics....

[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-14-07002.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-14-07001.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-14-07005.jpg[/IMG]

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1063
man the flared port is getting big this days

look good man

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 706
All 4 corners rounded? Very nice work...

You gotta get used to our caveman style board though, no BBCode :-)

Be sure to post the finished product :-)

What's going in it?

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1064
you have pm sir

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 66
Little more than a flared port, thats all Ill say. This is my first crack at doing the flare though, pretty easy, once you get the hang of it.

Guess Ill have to learn how to post pics here, im not so computer savvy.

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 316
that will be sexy when done

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4255
my guess is that the secret is no corners. lol. good design. I've been thinking about doing that myself. me n dave were both gonna build a box for his 95 n see whose hits a better number and i was going to implement that in a way but i had to leave for a week unexpectedly so i dont have time to do it anymore. i guess maybe for the next comp.
great work fisher. glad you stayed here.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 72
Thanks Trevor. Seems like its a pretty good place to be. Some members are a little harsh at times, especially to box builders. Logan seems to have a pretty good rep around here, and anyone else trying to step in to build, doesnt get very far. Hopefully I can a do a few builds for some of these guys....

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 84
I will hopefully have some updated pics tonight. Ill keep you guys posted.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11511
i too am thinking its a continuous walled box using 1 long piece of mdf - no joints with a cover top\bottom

should = to better air velocity & output ......

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5061
I agree rovin.....why not flare the top part of the port too for maximum airflow from the port

Gold Member

Post Number: 5062
like the flared tcab kicker box

http://www.spkrman.com/boxpics/#flair

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11514
^^^ now that spkman dude does some BEAUTIFUL looking work - AWESOME stuff ! ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 5063
Rovin what do you think about flaring the top and bottom (also) of a box like that tcab?

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 587
That box looks sick, and makes me want to try something like that. Fischer how big is the box you are making? 1 or 2 subs? Cu ft? How did you go about tuning it?

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 85
John, No C if Fisher ;)
It is 1.5 cubes IIRC @ 32 hz for a single 12" sub. Chris, did my design for me, he is amazing. He can be reached at chris@fishercustoms.com for any questions.

Sean--
I didnt see any boxes TCAB had that had anything flared besides the port. It would be inpossible to flare ALL edges in a single piece.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1078
bj whats ur email again bud ... gotta ask u a couple questions about what you can do as far as a custom enclosure ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5065
Oh now I understand what you were refering to. In one piece your right it cant be done. I wasnt thinking about that as your design goal.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 588
Fisher* ;)
I am planning on building a box similar to this and I wanted to experience the flared port. What is the best way to go about this? 10 slits .5" apart, and bend it 90 degress? Anything else I should keep in mind when trying this flared port out.
Upload

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 88
Mike, email is bj@fishercustoms.com

John, thats how I do it. Only thing I recommend is measure twice, cut once.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 89
Here is a couple more pics.....
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-14-07007.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-14-07006.jpg[/IMG]

Guess this will just give it all away

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 342
thats hot lol..

whats going in it 12 or 15? must be tuned pretty low too..

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 95
Its for a 12. I think its tuned around 32ish. Its only 1.5 cubes Net.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 31
man, you've got skills...

and mark, aka spkrman, copied "his" design from snoopdan. check out the tcab, is it worth it thread.

and dwight needs to see this, as do polo and whomever else was doubting you bro.

keep up the good work.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 97
Thanks Kent. Really appreciate it. I recognize your username from somewhere, just cant piece it together...

Bronze Member
Username: Mrogowski

Post Number: 43
I agree, that's some real nice work! I would never have thought MDF could be curved like that.

Simply awesome..

Best,
Mark

Silver Member
Username: Aaronjp1990

Lerwick, Shetland Uk

Post Number: 109
nice work fisher!

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6595
Fisher. Very impressive. I like your shop. Looks like you have plenty of room. Must be a b1tch keeping the dust off the cars.

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 102
Thanks guys for all the compliments.
Paul, I pull out the cars when I do the dirty work.
Here are some more pics....

[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-17-07001.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-17-07002.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-17-07003.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-17-07007.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-17-07008.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/bjfish11/5-17-07009.jpg[/IMG]

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4998
im cursious abotu that coating wat is it?? its that bed liner that people use to paint the bed of their trucks???

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1089
bj what other colors u have you in that covering .. enamel?

i love that circled off look looks amazing bud

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 589
mrogowski , thats not MDF, thats the really expensive (30-40 a sheet) stuff u can only order from ur lumber yard. i forget the name right now. fischer would know

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 104
Its called Rust-oleam (sp) hammered paint. I have done it before, where I do the black, and then just spray paint over it to get a different color. Turned out nice.

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 105
JK, its called Trupan. Its a lightweight MDF.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2847
All I see nowadays is everyone biting off each-others ideas. As far as what you said Kent even if Mark did copy, which I am sure the flared slot wasn't new to begin with at least he did it first, took fisher a while to catch up, eh? :-O

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 106
I dont know how to take that polo. Just seem like your hating again. Like I said, I build what my customer wants. I have been too busy lately to "experiement" with new ideas. I will continue to stick to what sells.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2848
I just find it funny that I just got done stating how plain your boxes look and now you come up with what everyone else is doing, lol. You can't say they are new ideas, but just everyone elses, how original... Also I think the biggest thing I have a problem with is people promoting there business here on the forum. I don't mind offering to build boxes for people that is fine but you need to change your Forum name, it is irritating. You want advertisement don't be a jew, pay e-coustics for an add banner, even Mark Potts uses his real name here... Polo..

PS- Nothing against Jews, just a stereotypical saying in use, sorry..

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 107
Its funny, this build was going BEFORE you mentioned my boxes being plain. I just think its funny how you think you can just come up with some new idea no one has ever done. I mean, its a slot ported box for crying out loud. There is not much you can do that hasnt been done yet, that will still make it a ported box when your finished. I never said this was a "new idea". Just said "Chris talked me into trying out the flared port. BUT, :naughty: he also asked me to take it to the next level."

If my user name is that irritating to you, you could always just avoid me.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2855
But what you are building has been built before and no Chris didn't come up with that... Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 581
new idea or not...that box is sexy

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 109
I have never seen pics of a box like this before. Care to share? If it has, great. Big deal. Personally, I have never seen it.
You know what, the carpeting technique I use, I did a tutorial on it. A lot of people use it now, or have made variations of it. Do I care? Of course not. Its part of the business. Or any business for that matter.

I can honestly say, you make absolutely no sense polo.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
polo..get real. bj isn't the only one here promoting his business. remember, this is an unmoderated forum. if bj has to quit, then so does low-hz. showrides and kevin go around doing the exact same thing bj is doing. and everyone loves it. get off his nutz.

as to mark and tcab. everything he's everydone has been coping off real competitors. except use cheap, flimsy wood, not deliver what was sold, run and hide when he gets called out, act like like a chump and constantly screw people over. you had good luck with him, great. most haven't, hence why he's banned just about everywhere but here. where he goes about doing the exact thing bj does, only mark's products fall way short of bj's quality.

bj..i'm mrray13 at ca.com, cso, ssa and just about every forum out there. we discussed cbfryman's box building inabilities awhile back. keep up the good work bro and tell polo to kiss off.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 116
Oh Kent, thats right. That thread was hilarious. Cbfryman was soooo critical of everyone that built boxes, but when people critiqued him he got so pissed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
lol...yeah. it seemed to chase him off the boards for awhile.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us