I AM LOOKING FOR SUB ENCLOSURE BLUEPRINTS OR FINISHED BOX

Username: Harleytek

Schertz, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I have a 1997 Chevy extended Cab Pickup. I'm looking to put 2 12's behind the backseat. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 256
behind doesn't seem possible, but under the back seat is more do-able, or a blow through

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 237
are you looking for sub suggestions too? your max dimensions help.

Schertz, Texas USA

Post Number: 3
I have done under the seat and the sound just gets muffled going into the back of the front seats. To be totally honest I don't know the dimensions. I do know its a real tight fit.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1038
go measure and come back

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 497
Jason, I have 2 finished sub boxes, one is carpeted, one is not.. I'll include pix of both. Let me know if you are interested.

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 12
your not getting a pair of 12's behind the back seat of a 97 xcab chevy. or any year for that matter. blow thru, yep. under the seat, not unless they are in a forward firing box.

1999 to 2007 classic, you can indeed get the right 12's to fit completely under the seat. but still not behind. and in this body style, they can face up or down, they don't have to face forward.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Schertz, Texas USA

Post Number: 4
Ok so what is the alternative to having a box sitting on the seat. And forgive me but Im not all that up to date with with this stuff; what is blow thru?

Bronze Member
Username: Sound_r_us

Post Number: 18
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/enclosureInfo/chevyFullSizeStdCab.asp

best I could do.... 2 10's or 1 12

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 245
a blow through is where you got your box in the bed of the truck up against the wall closest to the cab. and you got a hole in the box and the cab that lets the sub and port fire into the cab. the sub box is sealed against the truck like the truck box is sealed to the cab. bad explanation someone will do it better for ya.

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 362
how can he not get 2 12's behind the seats if he has an extended cab, my brother has had a extended ranger for like 6 yeares and has had 12's in it the whole time

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1780
he said behind the backseat...whihc is a very very tiny space.
If I was you I'd take the backseat out, or if its in 2 sections remove the smaller part of it and replace it with the box. If you don't wanna remove it, just build a box to sit up in the seat, then u can unhook it whenever u need passengers.

Bronze Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 48
I did my 91' gmc extended cap with 3 12' subs, I raised the bracket the locks the seat in 4 inches and the raised the seat belts same way. built the box, with the subs on slight angle. it work perfect.. I still have the truck but is parts vehicle now, but just got another a month ago and this one I am going to actually take the seat out and mold it into the box. I need 4.5 cuft so i will fire subs down with slot port coming out bottom front. I have 2 15-M3124D with the 16-ST1000D, I'll replace the all stock 4x6 with MC4.6 and ad MC6 to front doors and rear pillars under stock 4x6 thats the same config I had in 1st truck, it sounded really good.. but this time box will be ported so It will sound alot better!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 13
behind the backseat and behind the front seats are two totally different things, lol. noway he'll get ANY sub behind the backseat, which was his question.

lifting the seat is always an option, but i've never like the end results as far as looks go.

at the shop i work at, we removed the bottom section of the seat, built a down firing box for a pair of 12L7s and reattached the top part of the bottom seat foam to the box. similiar to what mesodumm has planned. worked out great and made for one loud @$$ OBS xcab chevy.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Schertz, Texas USA

Post Number: 5
OK so here's the real question. Is it worth doing a down firing 2 sub system under the back seat or am I better off with the box I have sitting on the seat?

Bronze Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 53
Hmmmmm!!!!! do you cruise around with anyone?, do you have kids? I mean if you don't need your backseat then don't worry about it, but a big bulky box sitting there for everyone to see might make some think they need it more than you! I is your truck so it is your choice!

Schertz, Texas USA

Post Number: 7
well my truck is a 2 peice. Im sittin on 9 inches with 37's so its a show/play truck. I also use it on trips so I pull the box when I need to. My question is is there a huge difference in sound between the 2 systems?

Bronze Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 54
Yes in a manner of speaking there is! I have done truck both ways, even though I hate just setting boxes on the seat. It is a big convienence to have to he box built in, and a huge burden not to also. Think about all the trouble and swearing you are going to do every time you have to take it out and put it back in, when if you spend extra time and money just to build it in. Okay sound differant maybe not, but Quality of life!! oh! Yeh!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us