Tc 1000

Bronze Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Post Number: 14
i was also looking at buying a pair of tc 1000 subwoofer at dual 4ohm does anyone have a suggestion on an amp for these or if there any good

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 1097
tc makes a nice driver. i think the rms is 400? correct me if im wrong. look at a zx750.1? for two of them, that amp is under rated. and should pound those nicely

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
does anyone have any othe recomendations about these subs or have another kind thats better

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1357
I have those, the only bad part is that I've been waiting for their box for 2 months now, hopefully I'll have it soon. For the price, not sure there're lots of woofers that are better. TC recommends giving them a bit more than 400W, so if you get 2 single 4ohm subs, get zx1000.1.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 456
I own a pair of those...and personally talked to Kyle when I bought them (live about 10 minutes away)...and was told that 400rms is very conservative (he said they actually test them withh 1000rms for 24 hours)...I'm feeding mine 700rms each and they take it without a problem (just for some more info for you)

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1366
I was told something very similar in that they have a lot of overhead, especially in the higher bass frequencies. Hey kklage, how's the SQ on those and how loud do they get? Oh and what kind of a box are they in?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
what do u have pushing them i was thinking either a sundown 1500 or kicker kx1200.1

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1367
kx1200 would be a better match because it's cheaper and has less power - that way you won't kill the subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
well ya now im either going with the kx1200.1 or the sundown sae 1000d

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 460
The SQ on the subs is very good...they do get quite loud (although I'm not really into that...I have the xover set at 63Hz).

They are in a sealed box (0.65cf before woofer).

I have a US Amps XT-4000D powering them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us