How to get into local car audio spots....

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 458
well im getting redy to turn 18, i wanna work at a local car audio shop ( who doesnt when there 18) who wouldnt want to do what they love for a job?... but uh anyone have any suggestions how to score it? for the personally owned ones do u think they requie mecp certified? or u think they just test u to see if u kno the basic shiet. any info wuld b cool

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 304
I applied yesterday for a job at my local car audio shop. I'm only 16. They just asked me what all I knew and stuff like that. Turns out, I knew alot of stuff they didn't know, so I probably got the job.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4332
just do a kick a s s install and show them and ask for a job

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 460
lool i cant do a kick a55 install cuz my car is a POS... im waiting to get a new car that im gona keep for years... to hook it up... rite now i have an uncarpeted box with a mb quart... seems like all the local places here are like only ppl that kno the owner n sheit...

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 151
I did a many kick @$$ installs, i showed them 7 cars installed by me, they still wanted a resume, or a Mecp certified

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 469
ya wats the deal wit mecp certified , hard to get or wat? u gotta take any class or can u just take the test.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 203
i think you just go to your library n they can hook you up with the test. found the link.
http://www.caraudiobook.com/become_car_audio_installer/become_car_audio_installe r.htm
scroll down a lil on that and you'll find "Getting MECP Certified"

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 154
Pay money i think 50 or so...take test pass ur seticied..u can get books to read to study

Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 3
When i owned a retail car audio shop i personaly stayed away from young guys as far as installers went. Also i can tell you horror stories about guys who were fresh out of install schools with there mecp papers. It is all about experience and taking your time to get it right. The only installer i ever hired that was in high-school was a kid who came in and asked if he could speak with me and when i asked him what i can do for him he asked if he could come in everyday and work for free for a month. He asked for two weeks to watch and two weeks to show us he was capable of quality work. For the first two weeks he ran around for us alot but he always stayed late and picked stuff up. At the end of the month I hired him as a basic installer running wires and stuff and worked his way up to a regular installer. So what i would say is tell them you will show them first to get the chance. At the end of the month what we did was give him a system and told him to install it then he can work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us