Setting crossovers and gain on Infinity 611a reference series amp

Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 1
heres my problem and i know my setup may sound a bit nuts but i'm puzzeled as hell what to do. i'm very good with installs but tuning , eep !

ok heres what i got, a infinity 611a reference series amp with specs of this 456w rms x 1 channel at 4 ohms and <1% thd + n
signal to noise ratio. 70dba (reference 1w into 4 ohms) 657w rms x 1 channel at 2ohms, 14.4v supply and <1% thd + n, Dynamic power 761 w at 2 ohms
effective damping factor 6.336 at 4 ohms
frequency response 17hz - 251hz, (-3db)
maximum signal input : 6v maximum senseitivity 75mv.
output regulation 179 db at 4 ohms

thats everything on the box

now heres my story i had in my 86 suburban the whole setup that includes 2 infinity reference dual voice coil 10 inch 1052 w 250w rms woofers in a sealed box. also i packed in 2 single voice coil 12 inch infinites in a sealed box along with a 5 farad tsunami digital cap. they sounded great but after a year i upgraded to a 93 olds and its all in the trunk so i took it bk to best buy had it tuned but id get a decent thump on my medium bass and ethier wild bass on rap or very little then i noticed a metal slap so i pulled all 4 subs since they were under warrenty and resealed my boxes with hot glue got 4 new woofers now i have the 2 infinity 10's at 1052watts and 250 watt rms, along with 2, 12's at 1252 watts and 300 watt rms. all woofers in a seperate sealed box per each and all brand new. they run with the 5 farad cap to this amp i have a pioneer head unit at 60 or 50 w x 4 its a last years model with mosfet. i'm running 2 120watt pioneers in front and 250 watt 3 way type r's in the back. so now thats out of the way i have the issue where i don't wanna blow these things and i still have my original infinity amp with specs above. i wonder if it should be replaced to . but heres my biggest conundrum i don't know how to set the crossovers or input level. my knobs are laid out as input level, high pass, low pass and boost. the amp is 2 channel and all 4 subs run as a 4 ohm per channel load i believe each box is wired like this http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/support/SubwooferWiring/sub_wiring_diagram.as px?type=2-4-4

i want power and bass but idk how to achieve it i know this system should be a killer but i'm far off base on reaching that goal i need some advice and if i decide to go with just one woofer setup which would kick harder the 10 or 12s? but please don't mow over my info and suggest i just stick to one set of woofers i wanna keep running all 4, the shock factor is a awsome sight to. so please any suggestions and help greatly apperciated.

Post Number: 3
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/kpa27/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg

this is all the specs to my pioneer head unit .

Post Number: 6
one last thing, what test tone should be used to tune my gain? on the calculator for the voltage i found that it rates my voltage per channel should be around 14.4 volts so i'm trying to figure that out. also can someone please take note how my wiring is at 4 ohms per channel is this ver effcient or am i losing tons of bass over the 4 ohm load ?

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 286
To set your gain you should use 50hz 0 test tone you can download it from ROE.

Post Number: 7
i apperciate all the help but still 3 more things what id the 0 pertainging to i only see a sine line at 50 hz for download? second what is a ideal hz for the setup on low pass and high pass on my amp? lastly is the 4 ohm load fine and is the amp set up correctly for what i have? , basiclly will i do any damage or will it all be fine? remember i want a ground pounder but not if it will all burn out. thanks for all the help great forum lots of info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us