Rear Deck

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 133
I have taken out my rear speakers (6.5) to get some more cabin gain I have a Kicker 15" in a sealed box.Question is =Could I buy or make my own port tube so I can insert it into the speakers holes to get even more cabin gain?.Since then it would be reaching deeper into the trunk just like if the rear deck was the port.

Any suggestion's? and could I do this easily

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 383
I was thinkin about doing the same thing but in my cadilllac coming through the stock sub hole. i was advised against doint this though. they said that it does not work out as well as you think it would.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2364
If you did this it seems it would turn into a bandpass design, using your whole trunk as a box. That probably isn't right at all, but I see it that way.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 134
Well I think I am going to try this and see how it works out if may be a little louder, but what do I have to lose if it doesn't work I can always take the tube out

But I wonder if any one up here has actually done this and came out with good results

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 135
Do you guys think I could experiment with something like car board at FIRST just to see if I get any reults or should I just use pipe material

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 136
This could be a real good idea and I believe if it works it could change the CAR AUDIO WORLD as we know it!!!!!!!.......I see the light

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 448
lol josh, im sure ur not the first person to try it... but no i dont think cardboard wuld work becaus it wont hold up... i dont think it will b able to take the bass threw it... think if u made a box out of cardboard... i kno it wont be getting hit that hard. but close.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2521
"This could be a real good idea and I believe if it works it could change the CAR AUDIO WORLD as we know it!!!!!!!.......I see the light"

It's been done plenty of times before...

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 713
just build a ported box...problem solved

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 137
But I have a Solobaric S15D (circle) and it's specs. are a 1.5cu sealed enclosure so could I port it anyways or just leave it sealed

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 138
and a 50% fill of polyfill that is the Kicker recommended specs. for that sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us