Audiobahn or not?

Silver Member
Username: Fatkid

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 183
are there amps any good? do they put out the power they say they do?

thanks

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 184
also whats the website that shows you how to set your amp setting right

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2302
Audiobahn, their subs suck and their amps are budget quality if that.

The gain setting stuff:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 185
thanks

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 704
What kind of power are you looking for at what ohm?

Kevin

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 186
800 wrms at 4 ohms for less than $160 shipped

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 756
Used.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1288
"800 wrms at 4 ohms for less than $160 shipped"

It takes a hell of an amp to put out that kind of power @ 4 ohms. For $160 shipped that is a tall order, even used.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2370
See if you can snag a JL 1000.1 @1000wrms at 1.5-4 ohms. Might be tough finding one for that price. The only other option is entry level amps like sony, Lanzar, Pyle, ect. Good luck. Why 800 at 4 ohms anyway? What you running?

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 188
thats why i was looking at the audiobahn A8002V it does the 800 wrms at 4ohms bridged

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 586
what subs do you have, if you lower the ohms is easier to find a ampo that does that kind of power. FYI i have a zx1000.1 kicker amp it does 1000 rms at 2 ohms and at 4 ohms it does like 500, so what subs do you have at what voice coiles do they have?

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 189
im running a mj-18 single voice coil 4 ohm would a single voice coil at 8 ohm be better?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2305
Lower ohms is better, most amps do the most power at 1 or 2 ohms

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 190
heres a link what 18 would be better? i know it rated at 600 wrms but i want to give it a little more to be sure it getting full power when i want it to

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=12

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 191
bump

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2307
The first sub there is a dual 4 ohm. That would be best cause you wire it in parallel to 2 ohms..... and get an amp that does 600 @ 2.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 878
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 866
"It takes a hell of an amp to put out that kind of power @ 4 ohms. For $160 shipped that is a tall order, even used."

Ive got a MB Quart RAA2400 that does 800wrms at 4ohms bridged for $180 shipped. It is a hell of an amp

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 192
how old is the amp
is there any way you could put it on ebay my mom wont let me buy fom some unless it off ebay any pics would be good

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2737
If your going with a Class A\B amp, i can find somthing no problem but if you want a mono block (Class D) which is best for subs and will give you better bass... maybe look into a used JBL Bp1200.1 used on ebay, they do 750rms at 4ohm and 1300rms @ 1 and 2 ohm (regulated) the amp is a bit underrated so you might actually get about 850Wrms~ at 4ohm, but like everyone said its easier to get the power at lower ohms, get a dual 4ohm and wire it down to 2ohm, and maybe get like a kicker 700.1 if you can find one used

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 193
a class a/b will work but the first sub on the page is a 15 im getting the 18 at svc 4ohm

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2525
Eh,if you're on a tight budget just run the Audiobahn and be careful with it.I've heard of a few people running the A800T without any problems at all so they must be decent.I think the biggest problem with Audiobahn is that tons of noobs buy their products and blow their sh1t up and say it's crap.For the most part if you take care of your things they'll last.In my own belief when things get damaged in an install it's because of user error more than the equipment being at fault.

Silver Member

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 194
thanks i think thats what i will do unless i can get that mb quart

Silver Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 258
What rob said is true. I bought mine as a refurb and have had it for like 7 months now no problem. Its the 8000t and I had it running 2 15" atlas and it pushed them very nicely. Now I'm using a JBL 1201.1 and I like it even better :-). I could sell you mine for cheap. Let me know if your interested. Here's a link to the amp.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.cardomain.net/products/abn/ ABNA8000T.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNA8000T&h=200&w=250&sz=5 &hl=en&start=5&um=1&tbnid=gcDJIAuA4iSiRM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dau diobahn%2B8000t%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 868
84linc-Someone might buy it they have been askin me about it for awhile now so that dude comes first but if it doesnt fall threw then ill let you no. and yea i could put it on ebay but id have to charge a lil more to take care of the ebay listing fees.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2316
" if you want a mono block (Class D) which is best for subs and will give you better bass "

That second part's not true. You will not hear a difference between a good class D amp and a class A/B amp of the some power. The class D is more efficient however, meaning it draw less current from the electrical system.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4589
xxxxxxxxxxx2

I think your best choice would the mb quart. Good quality and in your $ range.

Go for it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us