DE US

Post Number: 514
how much for a small 1.25 cu ft box @32hz for a 10" type r

and do i need to get a design for it?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7264
Nope, just give my the max dimensions. I havve a box already made. Its 1.5cuft @34hz you might be interested in. It was for my RE SE. But for you, I would build you that type R box for $75shipped.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7265
This one is $100 shipped since it has carpet.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 515
I would buy that one but i need the sub and port facing the same way. (I want the sub and port on the front, not the sub on top as in ur picture)

Max Dimensions: 20 width x 15 height x 15 depth

1-1.25 cu ft

Just make the depth as small as possible if u can.

post ur paypal e-mail and ill send u the money once i get home from school.. i need the box as soon as possible

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12697
audionbahn immortal box building FTW.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 543
lol

immortal... it must be good lol 2x

Silver Member

DE US

Post Number: 516
heres something a guy told me about the issues with bass box pro

"With the size restrictions it's very hard to make a box with a flat response (which I'm very keen on). For SQ purposes you want a flat response.

The best I could come up with is below.

It's 1.5 cubic feet, and tuned to 36hz. Tuning any lower than this would make the port too long and would run into the subwoofer, depending on placement of the port & subwoofer. You can get around this issue, and I have listed a couple ways below. Oh, this was designed with a 4" circle port. Here's a link to the circle [URL="http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=268-352"]Port[/URL]. It's the same one I used.

You can buy Polyfill from wal-mart, stuff the box with that, and your peak should be brought down. You can add a little bit at a time until you achieve your desired results.

You have 3 choices with how you do the port:

1. I personally bought the one linked above mainly because the flared end allows has screw holes making it easy to screw into the box from the outside. I wound up going to Lowe's and getting the thin-walled PVC so I can make the port longer, and grinding down the ends and fit the flared port ends on them. The flares keep from getting port noise.

2. Or, just go to lowe's, buy 4" THIN-WALLED PVC pipe (it's the same, just thinner wall, hence the name) and cut to the size you need.

3. You can always have an elbow port. This means just go to HD or Lowe's and buy an "elbow" for PVC pipe, and that should allow you squeeze a couple extra inches of port, thus bringing the tuning frequency down a bit and flattening out your response.

It's up to you. Just know that however long you make the port, it needs to be a couple inches away from the subwoofer.

Now, I think you can see why I chose a circle design.

This really is straight-forward, regardless of how confusing I have just made it:
1. Build a regular ol' box with dimensions I give you.
2. Cut speaker hole.
3. Mount speaker.
4. Now you can play with port length.

Design Response (see what I mean about the peak near 40hz? I don't like it, but I can't do much about it unless I get a bigger box)

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/bikinpunk/Q%20Design/dc75286b.jpg[/IMG]

External Dimensions:
Length 20.00
Depth 13.50
Height 12.50

Use 3/4" MDF"

could you do that logan? ill pay the extra for the port

Gold Member

Post Number: 7271
im not sure what your saying. You want a 4" pvc port?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7276

Silver Member

DE US

Post Number: 517
yeah the circle port in the picture send me ur paypal address

Silver Member

DE US