???

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., And Shepher... USA

Post Number: 2816
ok, I got the power wire run from the back up to the front, but not connected yet, since I still have other stuff to do. Anyway, I was wondering...can I run the RCA's in the same place as I run the remote wire, or will the remote wire cause interference?

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 841
Yea you can it will be fine. But why not run the remote wire next to the power wire since its going to be hooked up the same side of your amp?

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 869
No the RCA's are most likely shielded and the remote wire doesn't have much of an effect anyway. JMO

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 870
good point

Gold Member

Post Number: 2817
I already have run the power wire, and I don't want to have to go through that again. Plus, I am basically just RE-running my remote with better wire than before. So it is a lot easier to run my RCA's with the remote. Plus by doing it that way I can run a straight run from the radio back to the amp by going through the center console instead of having to go under 1/2 the dash and then around the outside edge, then back to the center to get to the amp.

Silver Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 842
Ohh ok well you will be fine. Some ppl swear that running rcas next to power wire effects it but then others say its just a myth. Just to be safe i always run my power wire away from my rcas.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2818
should be something like this, sorry but I'm not so good at drawing with a mouse

Upload

red-power
lt blue-remote
dk blue-RCA's
green-ground
yellow-negative to subs
brown-positive to subs

Silver Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 845
Itll be fine. Now go hook those 8s up to your amp! I wanna know what they can do with amp power.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4311
youll be fine

Gold Member

Post Number: 2820
well, now that I know the wires that I need to hook into....should I use taps or just cut the wires on the factory harness? I'm thinking taps, cause whenever I trade the car in, I will have to hook the back speakers back up.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 588
if you turn you amp to the other side you will save cable and look much cleaner, JMO
i dont like to cut wires, but if i have to i will. if you use taps it will be eadier to change in the future...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2822
power and ground are already run...and the way I am running everything, it will still be clean..almost all the wire is going to be hidden, except where it comes out from under the back seat and goes to the amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us