Alternator??

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2296
alright, i finally got my yellow top and boy did it make a difference compared to my regular battery. With original battery the lows were loud and the higher bass notes were a little sloppy and my amp would loose power and dim and go into protect if i put it too loud. Now with the yellow top the higher bass notes play like champs wayyyyyy louder, but when i try to play the lows like bass i love you, the amp shuts off or dims really bad, but the HU stays playing but all the sound even to regular speakers stop but its still playing because i can see cd time counting. Is it because i need my HO alt?? is this the reason?? Thanx!!

BTW omg these subs slam soooo hard my whole side of explorer, and the back side windows move!!! The roof jumps like an inch, i gotta get a vid but i need to fix this problem to really crank it up.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4306
sounds like your voltage is dropping and the amp is shutting off, very bad.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2247
^^^^^ Exactly.

And before the amp shuts off it's clippin the hell out of the subs if your voltage is dropping that much.

There is NO replacement for an HO alternator.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2297
How do i fix this? Well no i dont have an HO alt yet, its the stock, im thinking if i add one if it will fix this problem?? Thanx.

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 306
dont let your voltage go below 12.5... you can go lower but i would play it safe

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2285
HO alt will fix it. Until you get one, turn it down if your voltage goes below 12 volts.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2301
ALRIGHT THANKS ALOT MAN!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2302
*GUYS, lol i didnt see Jesses post..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums