Need some advice

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 138
Hey guys, i have a G5 and iv been kind of out of the loop for a while and was looking for soething new...i was looking for something equivalent to or better thena a 15" TI. ill have about $1000-$1200 for an amp or sub (maybe two subs). Ive heard a lot aobut FI, the new RE (which have gotten more expensive) and some others...can some one help me out? give me a few options?

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 579
First off, RE advertised prices are a lot higher now. But I know I can still get it at real good prices.

Also, what are you going for. SQ, SQL, or SPL? Once we know what you want we will better be able to help you.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4855
U SHOULD GET 2 FI BL'S WITOUT ANY MODS... AND TWO HIFONICS BXI2006D... THE BL'S WILL WORK FLAWLESLY WITH THE BXI2006DS

HIFONICS BXI2006DS 350 SHIPPED
FI BL; 15'S 279 SHIPPED

TOTAL= 1260 ( U CAN FIND THE HIFONICS ON EBAY FOR A LOWER PRICE)

IT WILL BE A HELL OF A GOOD SYSTEM... THE HIFONICS WILL GIVE YOU 1500 RMS OF CLEAN SIGNAL FOR EACH AMP THATS 3000 RMS OF CLEAN PURE SIGNAL FOR 2 FI BL;S 15;S I CANT THINK OF A BETTER DEAL FOR THIS PRICE...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4856
U SHOULD GET 2 FI BL'S WITOUT ANY MODS

SORRY I WAS THINKIN BTLS AT THAT TIME NO YES U NEED THE COOLING OPTION

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
well i have a G5 so im looking for more SQL...maybe with a little more SPL if that makes anysense...but id like to stay away from hifonics...plus id have to upgrade my electrical for the two hifonics...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4858
DUDE THE HIFONICS GIVES YOU GREAT SQ RATHER THAN SPL... YES U DO HAVE TO UPGRADE YOUR CHARGING WELL DUDE ITS YOUR MONEY.. IFU REALLY KNOW WAT GIVES YOU SQ OR SPL U SHOULDNT BE POSTING THIS TREAD

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
i have a G5 right now so im looking for more SQL-SPL, maybe a lil more SPL, but id like to stay from hifonics, plus id need to upgrade my electrical for the two hifonics....

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
dude chill i just said i dont want to be running 3000 watts, and i dont like hifonics...

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
i never said anythin about them not being good for spl or sq...settle..all i did was ask some advice about some subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 4859
U SAID SUSB OR AMPS// BUT ANYWAYS IF U HAVE 1200 TO SPEND A STEREO INTEGRITY MAG WILL SUIT YOUR NEED ALSO A FI Q WILL BE PRETTY GOOD

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
but i was asking about subs...but anyways...im kinda stuck between a 15 TI or BTL...im good on the amps i need..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4861
THE BTL ITS NTO A SOUDN QUALITY SUB IT WILL NEVER GIVE YOU THE SQ OF THE TI....
ATRU SQ SUB FOR YOU
http://tcsounds.com/lms5400.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
no i dont want another SQ sub...sorry if i didnt make taht clear...what do you guys think about the BTL or the TI or someting like it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
i just realized a mistake, i meant ill have 1200 for a sub AND amp...

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
is the BTL kind of like the MT in taht it is a SPL sub? and the BL more like a daily driver version? how do they compare to a TI?

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1312
I don't know how they compare, but the members here who have the BTL all say they sound pretty decent as daily drivers. Personally, that is more than I would want in daily however. The BL sounds good as well, and is kinda the SPL version of the Q. I think the BL would be a great option.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
ok thats what i was kinda thinking...does anyone else have an opinion??

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 544
get two 12" SI BM's and run them off a Kicker SX1250.1 and spend the left over dough on a new alternator and a kinetik battery. I believe G5's are pretty small. Do you ahve the GT bc thats exactly the Cobalt SS pretty much and that 2.0 Ecotec dosent have too much electrical power.

The electrical upgrade might be unnecessary though. it'd be very helpful, but you'd most likely be infringing on the warranty, and knowing car manufacturers, they'll void the hwole damn thing and yuo'll be scrwed. 2X check with the car dealer

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 545
or 2 12" Q's and a Memphis MCD2500 or a Kicker ZX2500.1. The Kicker could be a little too powerful though. With that much power, you'll be clippin subs and waht not though

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 546
haha sry, 3rd post, but i just realized i mentioned subs and amps that you hadn't even asked about. look into em though and maybe contact kevin holden about some RD products, idk if he sells SI

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
no i have a G5 sub haha...i drive a dodge 2500...but i was thinking either 2 12 Bls or one 15 (becuase i could possibly get another down the road, but who knows) and an amp...how would say 2 12 bl compare to one Ti (i know its 2 12s agains on 15, so lets just say 15 for 15)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us