A/D/S/ 346CS help

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 453
I'm wondering how owners of these comps have them wired up?

Are you running them as you would a normal set of comps through the xover, or are you bi-amping them through the xover?

If you are bi-amping them what kind of wattages are you giving the mid & tweet?

I have a 4-channel Kicker (birth sheet says it will do 400rms) and was thinking of bi-amping these comps with 100rms to the mid & 50rms to the tweet (with the high pass on the HU set at 80hz).

Would like a little feedback on owners of these as to what you've found out in any experimentation you may have done.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Sqhoe

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 11
I have them running throught the crossovers with 120rms crossed at 70hz. I think they sound great. Be sure to deaden the doors and you will be happy with the midbass from these things!

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 454
Do you have them bi-amped through the xovers? Or did they use to come with a different set of xovers? The set I just purchased has the ability to run them as a normal set of comps or also bi-amp them through the same xover.

Bronze Member
Username: Sqhoe

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 12
No, I have them run with one input and letting the crossover split it up. Thought about bi-amping, but my amp only does 40x4 so I bridged it to 2 channel.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 455
Alright...thanks for the input...I may just hook them up like normal for the ease of it...my amp puts out 170x2 bridges so I have plenty of power.

How are the tweets? I've heard that they sound very natural.

I currently have a set of CDT CL-62's in the doors but am looking for something that will handle a little more power...and maybe give out some better midbass

Bronze Member
Username: Gfbl

Post Number: 65
biamped through the cross with 75watts to speakers and tweets. they sound great
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us