Bass Boost...

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1297
OK...I know a lot of people say don't use it, but why not? Some people use it a little bit, and amatures use it all the way up. I guess I don't understand what's wrong with using it. Will it cause clipping, poor sound quality, what? I mean, it's there for a reason, right?

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 731
http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9947&hl=

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2242
Exactly, that video explains it perfectly

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5032
I like this statement.....which i said myself before reading it

"While I do not advocate the use of bass boost and I wish it never came on any amp, something you should know:

Notice how he went wide open, that is not an on/off switch. You COULD go less than that and still have a clean signal. Unfortunately, not everybody knows when to stop. Another point, bass boost is usually 45 hz, the sub didnt move more because he wasn't playing around that. If he would have shown voltage and played around 45 hz, you would have seen the sub move more and the voltage go up.

Go eD for only giving half the information to make them look better!"

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2298
Any amount of bass boost will cause clipping if the gain is set correctly. IDK if you could see on that scope though, those digital oscilloscopes are not the most accurate.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 886
Here is the actual link to the video itself.. http://www.icixsound.com/iv/view_video.php?viewkey=c13838ff95ccfa94cebd

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2742
I like this statement.....which i said myself before reading it

"While I do not advocate the use of bass boost and I wish it never came on any amp, something you should know:

Notice how he went wide open, that is not an on/off switch. You COULD go less than that and still have a clean signal. Unfortunately, not everybody knows when to stop. Another point, bass boost is usually 45 hz, the sub didnt move more because he wasn't playing around that. If he would have shown voltage and played around 45 hz, you would have seen the sub move more and the voltage go up.

Go eD for only giving half the information to make them look better!"

Not completely true... look on the meter it has voltage on the top right :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us