What is going on?

Silver Member
Username: Solo67042

KANSAS

Post Number: 160
I recently got a 130v.2 and I just got a TC Sounds DB-500. Anyways i like the way the eD sounds, I havent had a chance to try out the TC sounds yet because of the funky connectors but anyways, I think my old kicker comp hits harder than the 130v.2.. If a sub is a spl driver does that determine how hard the sub hits? anyways i was just wondering cause my 150rms kicker hits harder than my 600rms 130v.2

Silver Member

KANSAS

Post Number: 162
Upload

what is up with that funky connector, i dont have anything to get it hooked up...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2470
Lol.Get yourself some spade/wire terminals and put it on the wire and slide it on there and then solder it up or just solder the wire on but make sure it's a clean and solid connection.Those specs you were giving are the reccomend power or were they specs of how much power you were using?Some speakers require more power to get moving so...maybe you're underpowering but I have no idea what amp you're using or any other factors.What kind of box did you use on the Kicker sub and the ED sub?

Silver Member

KANSAS

Post Number: 163
same box, its sealed right now 1.5 cu ft. i just made another ported box for the 130v.2 but i dont have a jigsaw to cut out the hole. the amp i am currently using only puts out 300rms so i guess maby that is why it seems the kicker is hitting harder... im currently looking into getting a new amp from twiztid.. anyways, i can find spade/wire terminals at an ace hardware or somthing like that right?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2472
You can find the terminals at a local auto parts store.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1108
cut out the hole?? you know a ported box is not just a sealed box with a hole right?

Silver Member

KANSAS

Post Number: 164
umm yeah i do.. i dont have a jigsaw to cut out the 11.25" circle for the sub...

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 681
I believe he means the sub cutout. You may be able to get one at a tool rental place if you're desperate, or find someone that has one, or even just buy one they aren't that expensive.

Yes, you're kicker will most likely be louder than your 13Ov.2 off that power. Give the 13Ov.2 800 or more watts and it will be noticeably louder.

My Infinity Perfect(350wrms) is louder than my Treo SSX(2000wrms) off 300 watts, same enclosure.

Silver Member

KANSAS

Post Number: 165
alright skies that makes me feel better.. yeah i know a friend who has a jigsaw so i think ill get it done tonight, pics to come.

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 441
lol trey are u serious? i hope ur joking... if u cut out a hole in a 1.5 cuft sealed box... it will sound like sheit... depends on port length and side... not just some random cut hole.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us